how do u make your own bathing system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do u make your own bathing system

I am wanting to make my own bathing system. Didnt know if anyone know how to make one. I know some of you guys have done this before. I just need to know what do I need and how do u do it. thanks

good timing

Oddly enough, I just went to Lowes today and picked up all the ingredients. I was told you need a 1/6 HP sump (utility) pump, a hose of some sort (I got a 5/8" garden hose I'll cut off and use), window screening to make a better filter, a wire clamp to hold the screening on (circle thing that you open with a screw driver...found in the plumbing section), and a hose end-cap which I'll poke holes in to make the nozzle unless I find something I like better. You also need a GFCI box (my trailer's coming with one already) and an air switch to keep you from being electricuted. I found one that is used for a garbage disposal and I'll see if I can have it installed behind the tub wall.

I'll probably be putting it together this weekend when I pick up the trailer.
    All told, about $150 (minus the GFCI box). I'll probably get an official one down the road, but I need to keep costs down with starting up. I'm also going to buy various Romani clipper vac parts to attach to my shop vac since I already have an attachment on my clipper.

Comment

one more thing

Great description of parts.....Rev. But you have to remember the bottom of the pump can not be flush even with the tub. If it is, you wont get any water in. I have these little "feet" on the bottom of my home made pump....I think I found them in the hose section too. They were in a little bag of like 6...maybe it was called a hose filter? it was rubber and mesh, a bit smaller than a dime.

Hope this helps.

Comment

i bought a 12v bilge pump, so that i could hook it up to a battery and solar panel system. you can put that directly on tub bottom. that's just another option if your mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by dog gone lovely View Post
          Great description of parts.....Rev. But you have to remember the bottom of the pump can not be flush even with the tub. If it is, you wont get any water in. I have these little "feet" on the bottom of my home made pump....I think I found them in the hose section too. They were in a little bag of like 6...maybe it was called a hose filter? it was rubber and mesh, a bit smaller than a dime.

Hope this helps.
          I tried it out today and I had a problem with not having enough water to keep it quiet. I've got a full 5 foot bathtub so I have to add more water than most I guess. If I added feet, it would take even more water and there goes the water efficiency. People usually say about 2 gallons works but mine needs 5 at least. I guess it would be less with a stainless steel 4 or 4.5 foot tub. Oh well. But the pressure I'm getting is great. I've got a 1500 GPH pump and I can adjust the pressure EASILY with a garden hose thingie that turns off the water with a twist. That's hooked directly to the pump. If it's open all the way, the water just spashes off the dog onto me it's so strong. I just wish I could figure out a way to just use 2 or 3 gallons for it.

Comment

I got my air switch from Woodcraft. http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=4030

I ordered it through the local store which saved about $8 in shipping costs. Next I'm going to upgrade my utility pump to the Little Giant Water Wizard

http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...ductId=1275646

right now I'm using one I got from Lowes, but it's a little top-heavy and will tip over. The Little Giant has a much broader base so it's not going to tip as easily.

In the grooming van, since the owner doesn't like using the Super Sudser (don't know why), I use the Texas Bowser Blaster (Ortho sprayers). I have quick release snaps on each one with premixed shampoo. Works great and saves shampoo!

Comment

Originally posted by k9stylist1968 View Post
              I got my air switch from Woodcraft. http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=4030

I ordered it through the local store which saved about $8 in shipping costs.
              The nice thing about the garbage disposal air switch I got from Lowes is that it's really tiny and can be installed in an easy to reach place. I returned mine for the time being because I was able to plug my pump directly to the back of the trailer and use a switch that's up front. I have to take a step to get to it, but it'll work till I start making money. Gotta save where I can. I'd pick that over a large clunky foot switch. I wish I'd taken a picture of it before I took it back to show you all and I can't find it on Lowes' website.

Comment

Working...
              X