Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got accepted in grooming school yaaaaa!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got accepted in grooming school yaaaaa!!!!!!!

i had my interview today, i was alittle nervous but i made it through and got accepted. wooo hooo. i already have homework and the class dont start til oct. i have to work on my math skills which im really bad at and read ceasar's way. math everyone asks why math, your grooming a dog what do you need to know math for. ugghh good question. percentages, protractor work and scale drawings. yea so advice anyone. im really excited tho. i bought a breed book today to touch up on my breeds. i know all the popular ones and some others but need to touch up on the others.

off to studying - talk to you when we return from busch gardens, williamsburg va.

laura

Originally posted by razzle1127 View Post
    i have to work on my math skills which im really bad at and read ceasar's way. math everyone asks why math, your grooming a dog what do you need to know math for. ugghh good question. percentages, protractor work and scale drawings.
    Ugh, I'd have been sent home on the short bus, lol.

What school did you apply to?

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I'm still lost in why you need math skills in grooming? I haven't met a dog yet that I've had to do math with. lol
      "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
      Diane

Comment

baltimore school of dog grooming. thanks hahhahah i thought the same. why math. well i dont know im not a groomer but it seems like they are going to have us scale out a poodle drawing and the protractor will help us with the degree of the cut. top knots and stuff. i really have no clue. thats my non groomer thought. if anyone knows help me out. and percentages wow i have no clue of a thing about them my ex tip calculator on my phone does that. even trying to look it up online is still not helping. i can definitly say " i am NOT smarter then a 5th grader".

Comment

Congratulations!

You will just love grooming school! Lots of luck.

There is not a lot of math involved in grooming, but it's good to know when calculating bills for customers and getting the right change. I'm no math wizard myself...I am thankful for whoever invented the calculator!

Comment

Math skills in grooming

Sounds like a pretty in depth class. The protractor use in the poodle drawings is to measure and visualize the proper angulation of the dog in the front and the rear. If you understand the proper angulation, it is easier to determine any corrections you need to do on the groom to make the dog who has faults look better. Percentages are used everyday in grooming, ie calculating sales tax (in PA), calculating your commission (never leave this to the boss, double check, everyone makes mistakes), helping your customers calculate your tip (I have several customers who ask me to do this and add it to their bill). If you plan to own and operate your own business, basic math skills are a must to understand your finances, even if you do have an accountant.

Comment

Working...
            X