Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandanas and Collar covers

This was Hellys message from the "old" board
    For all those who've asked how to cut bandannas from yard goods, plus how to cut two bandannas from one...and have a bandanna that's great for short legged dogs. Plus a collar cover.

Now, if I get these in proper order, they illustrate how to fold and cut from a yard long piece of fabric, how to fold and cut from the leftover piece of fabric, and how to divide one bandanna into two bandannas with the same neck size. You'll get one bandanna with a deep V at the neck line, good for dogs with fat necks, and one with a straight neck and a shallow V shape that's great for short legged dogs.

And the collar cover.
    for some reason I tried to save and upload the pics, but they don't save right. Maybe Helly could help me out this is her thread.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Thaks for bringing it to this board
    "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
    Nancy

Comment

material

I got like 50 yards of material at Walmart for $30 today. So much on sale. I am going to the other walmarts in the area because their fabric shops are soon closing. There goes my $ for intergroom.

Comment

I hope we can get photos of the method to make them soon. I would love to see all the steps. I am a visual learner.

Comment

I don't have a clue how to transfer the pics from the old site. And I don't have the pics saved, either, so I'll have to make new ones.

Stephen Note: Well, at the old site, click the nail to see the original size photo in new window. Right click the original photo and save to your computer. Then, when you post a new message, attach the photo to your new message locating it on your hard drive and it will upload here, usually.

Comment

I did right click them and the image did not save.

Comment

Stephen, if I try that, my computer will probably suffer from a brain cloud again, and I'll spend another hour fixing it. I think it would be easier (and safer) just to take some more pics. Probably later today.

Comment

Can't Wait!

I can't wait to see Helly's bandana ideas! These sound great!

Comment

They are great

And so easy. Not to mention cheaper than buying bandanas. I am doing a ton of collar covers right now. I hit the sale rack at Walmart.

Comment

I asked if our Walmart was going to stop their fabric department and they said no, I hope not..but the gal there maybe had no idea whats going to happen..

Comment

The one that I went to yesteday told me 3 yrs for them, but the others that are local for me she said will soon be going out. So I went to one of them today and she was dumb as a door knob. She was like. No, we are not getting rid of the fabric depts. at any of the Walmarts. So, if I can sneak out tomorrow I will hit the other one in my area. Think I might buy one of those $12 sewing machines. My fingers are covered in fabric glue.

Comment

Hellys Bandana Collars Rock!

I absolutely Luuuuv Helly's Bandana Collars! What a creative idea! I like that they are safe and won't fall off too! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X