Has anyone heard of vacgroom??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard of vacgroom??

I found vacgroom.com and it sounds pretty interesting to me. I was wondering if anyone has heard of it or tried it before. It seems cost effective as opposed to buying a clipper vac. I already own one cv but me and my helper are constantly sharing it and it becomes a problem.

Wow looks interesting has anybody tried this??? it's pretty affordable
    "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
    Nancy

Comment

That's similar to what I just ordered from Hanvey. Man I wish I'd seen that before I ordered Oh well at least now when I get my trailer and upgrade to the taxi vac I won't have to spend as much because I'll have all of the attatchments I need.

Comment

yeahbut.....shopvacs are LOUD!!! I have a k9 III . I dont need anymore noise in the shop. I am actually trying to make a soundpoof box for the HV.

Comment

Jadenlea is right...

Shopvacs are way too loud. That hose will be connected to the clipper and you use it around the dog's ears...way too loud. Even if not near the ears, it's way too loud.

Tammy in Utah
          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

My boss made own herself out of a shop vac, and it is loud, but not any more so than the HV...And the loud noise isn't coming out of the nozzle, so most dogs are perfectly fine with it.
            Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
              Shopvacs are way too loud. That hose will be connected to the clipper and you use it around the dog's ears...way too loud. Even if not near the ears, it's way too loud.

Tammy in Utah
              HAHA. My shopvac is in the back of my trailer with all the other mechanicals. The hose is fed through the wall, so it is quiteter than my HV.
              If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Looks like something I might try. I use a clippervac now but cannot afford one with everything else I'm getting. The way the new shop is set up it can go in another room and my husband can hook up a switch and the hose can come through the wall. Sounds like it will work until I can buy a clippervac.

Comment

I just bought a central vac off ebay, I am going to experiment with it! I was goiong to buy the hanvey attachments, but maybe I will check this out!

Comment

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
                    HAHA. My shopvac is in the back of my trailer with all the other mechanicals. The hose is fed through the wall, so it is quiteter than my HV.
                    But is there not noise from the end (at the clipper end) that makes that suction noise?

Tammy in Utah
                    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Spikey, I use an iVac and the noise doesn't seem to bother the animals any more than the sound the clipper. If they are new and seem spooky I will let them listen to it before I start on them and then they are fine. I thought you used some type of vac system.
                      SheilaB from SC

Comment

there is a little noise, but most of my dogs don't care. I even vacuum them lol.

Comment

Got Those!

Hi! Yep! I've got those! Believe it or not I have not used them! I bought them many years ago, because I have wanted to be a groomer forever! (long, boring story) Anyway, I'm sure that they are not as easy to use or efficient as a clippervac, but I think that they are probably okay for a cheap substitute. I have the feeling that if you were super busy that you would want to get a clipper vac instead though, for efficiency. I don't think these look as easy to use a clippervac for some reason. I don't have enough experience to say exactly why though. I plan to have my shop vac in a closet to help keep down the noise and also I plan to keep cotton in my clients(the dogs) ears in case the sound travels through the hose. Sadly my last furbaby went to heaven, so I can't try these out for now.

Comment

I am hoping to call the company tomorrow and get some more info. I think I will be ordering them. It's much more affordable than a second CV. I could use and extra CV but can't afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchfunbnme View Post
                              Hi! Yep! I've got those! Believe it or not I have not used them! I bought them many years ago, because I have wanted to be a groomer forever! (long, boring story) Anyway, I'm sure that they are not as easy to use or efficient as a clippervac, but I think that they are probably okay for a cheap substitute. I have the feeling that if you were super busy that you would want to get a clipper vac instead though, for efficiency. I don't think these look as easy to use a clippervac for some reason. I don't have enough experience to say exactly why though. I plan to have my shop vac in a closet to help keep down the noise and also I plan to keep cotton in my clients(the dogs) ears in case the sound travels through the hose. Sadly my last furbaby went to heaven, so I can't try these out for now.
                              Just a hint so you don't forget the cotton is in the dogs ears when you are done. Put a piece in one of your ears.

Comment

Working...
                              X