help! floor disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help! floor disaster

i need advice on what type of flooring to put down, we currently have the self adhesive laminate flooring but just does not stand up to our foot/ paw traffic, it is yellowing from sun exposure and it is not built to put up with doggy messes. any ideas ? we have a crate free shop and there are some serious mess days.thanks

In this case, I would reccommend vinyl sheet flooring. They are on a HUGE roll kind of like carpeting. This will eliminate all of the crevises and you can put it up on the wall and secure it with baseboards.

Comment

flooring

Or if you are on concrete you can pull up the old and use the two step epoxy paint that you sprinkle the colored chips on. It really looks nice and holds up well. You can get it at the larger home improvement stores.

Comment

Originally posted by dodger View Post
        Or if you are on concrete you can pull up the old and use the two step epoxy paint that you sprinkle the colored chips on. It really looks nice and holds up well. You can get it at the larger home improvement stores.
        In the last shop that I worked in they had that stuff on the floor and when water got on it, it became very slippery. There were a few times that the groomers found themselves on the floor looking up.
        "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
        Diane

Comment

My lobby needs new flooring and I am thinking about using the brick floor pavers. They are sturdy, easy to sweep and mop plus they have that cobblestone charm. They might not work well in the grooming area, though because they are a little uneven. I used industrial type commercial tile in the grooming area. They come in 20 different colors and are very sturdy plus, since they are industrial for large commercial buildings, they are very inexpensive. Many shops in this area use ceramic floor tile but I find it too slippery when wet!

Comment

Where would one find industrial or commercial tiles?

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
              In the last shop that I worked in they had that stuff on the floor and when water got on it, it became very slippery. There were a few times that the groomers found themselves on the floor looking up.
              They now make floor stain/coatings with grit in it so you dont slip. Its what I am having put down on my concrete floor in my new shop. I did test it on a patch on concrete in the carport first to make sure it really was "slip proof"
              I found it at both major home improvement stores in my area

Tammy

Comment

Plexi - those tiles are at Home Depot and you can do it yourself. They're the same tiles you see in hospitals and schools.

Comment

Working...
                X