Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess what/who I found

on my doorstep last night at midnight?

My hubby heard some strange noise out front and he went out to check. It happened to be a Basset and a Cocker. He called me to come and look, which I did (but didn't want to). Right there on my doorstep was a couple of my grooming clients!!!! Stitches and Bobbin. I hadn't seen them for a year and by the looks of Bobbin (the cocker) I wouldn't be seeing them this year either, she had already been groomed for the summer. Don't know how they got to my doorstep. We opened the garage door and they walked right in, as if they knew where they were. Laid down on the floor and just relaxed. I called the owner, hubby answered the phone. Told him his dogs were at my house, his wife had been at a concert and was due home any time now. He couldn't come to get the dogs, kids were asleep. I told him we would just keep them in the garage until she was able to get over to pick up. She got there within 15 min. She was a bit surprised that they were at my house.

I wonder how they found my doorstep, their old groomer. They live in the neighborhood but I'm just not sure where. Must have had at least 5-6 blocks to walk.

Oh well, never know what we are going to find on our doorsteps! lol
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Maybe they were sick of being filthy, had enough of it, and decided to do something about it themselves?

There is a groomer on here (sorry, forgot who it was) that told a story of a cocker showing up on her doorstep at work a filthy mess. Turns out it was an old client's dog. She bathed/clipped it and called the owners.

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Cute story Pixie thanks for sharing. I am glad they found you and were kept safe until the owners came to pick up. I Wonder if their parents will bring them back to you for a grooming since they have obviously made there preferences clear....lol

I had two surprise visitors on Thursday. Julia gets to the shop first to open and sees that there are two small puppies behind the fence. Yup, someone just chunked them into the yard and left them. Anyone want to adopt a puppy???? They are typical CYD's (Carolina yard dogs) and probably have Lab, Beagle and Pitt in them. I need to take their picts and post them and get some advertisements out for them. Hopefully I can place them. The shelter in my town is soooo overwhelmed, I feel like they will have as good of a chance being adopted w/me as at the shelter.
      SheilaB from SC

Comment

I don't mean any offense by this, but my guess is they just followed their noses and your house smells the most interesting because you probably have more dogs than the norm coming and going.

Comment

ROFL!!!! Maggy, no offense taken. You're probably 100% right! My yard must have that special smell that the little doggies LOVE!!! lol

Tammy, the dogs weren't dirty, the cocker had recently been groomed. That's why I dont think I'll be doing them again, found another groomer.
          Diane

Comment

Good they found a safe place

I think they were trying to tell the owner that they want YOU as their groomer not to wherever else the bargain was. I hope the owner realizes that they liked you.
            Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

[QUOTE=SpikeyTheYorkie;46874]Maybe they were sick of being filthy, had enough of it, and decided to do something about it themselves?

There is a groomer on here (sorry, forgot who it was) that told a story of a cocker showing up on her doorstep at work a filthy mess. Turns out it was an old client's dog. She bathed/clipped it and called the owners.

that was me. a story about a cocker named Tinker. Once I was home and had ordered a pizza for dinner. My kid says, "hey maaaa...the pizza here" i open the door and this husky comes flying through the door.(luckily we had made a cat door to the basement. my cat tore a$$) i ask the pizza guy if it's his he said no he thought it was ours.. i said "oh, I guess he knew we were having pizza and decided to stop by. he had tags and it turned out he belonged to someone my son played baseball with!

Comment

Pixie, didn't you hear what they were saying outside your door? That you're a much better groomer and they wanted you to fix what the other boob did wrong!
                Erin
                No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

Originally posted by ejmj30 View Post
                  Pixie, didn't you hear what they were saying outside your door? That you're a much better groomer and they wanted you to fix what the other boob did wrong!
                  I bet she is, too! Much better! LOL

Tammy in Utah
                  Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Erin and Tammy, you two are toooooo funny!
                    Diane

Comment

Working...
                    X