Dog With Breast Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog With Breast Cancer

My most favorite dog that I groom has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. The owner, my most favorite client, is devastated. They found a lump under the dogs nipple, had it biopsied and got the results last night.

She's a Boston Terrier rescue whom they've had for 3 years. She is so loved by her family. All she wants to do is run around and chase balls. Plus, she is an angel to groom. All she does is kiss my face and hand me her paw...
    here, you can trim my nails now.

I am new to this profession and by far, this is the worst part of grooming. I never thought of this when I got into it. I've lost a bunch of dogs in my grooming family and I'm so affected by it. I always send a sympathy card with a heartfelt message and I am always tearing up when I write it.

I'm just so sad. Knew you all would understand.
    www.gomobileandsucceed.com
    http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

It is sad

I have a few of those wonderful lovey dogs that I would so hate to lose. But breast cancer is not necessarily a death sentence as I understand it even for dogs. Will they seek treatment?

When I thought of becoming a housecall groomer, I had not taken into account, business plan wise, of the number of very elderly dogs that would be benefited by housecall grooming. That lead to me losing the beloved dogs. Lost two very good good clients/dogs in the last two months. Whether they get new dogs and whether they will want to pay the extra for housecall is up in the air currently. I do end up sad about those dogs, but at least they had lived a very good long life with wonderful caring owners.
    Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

BC in dogs can be as treatable as human BC. One of my breeding had a radical mascetomy(sp) done along both sides in Salt Lake City at age 8 and lived to be 14.

Comment

Ya but not everyone can afford to get their dog treated for BC. As I am sure it is alot of money like everything else. That is sad though. Pets become part of our family. I dont know what Id do if I lost my little papillon Daisy or Raffi, my arabian. Even horses are part of your family. Raffi is 25 now and for horses thats pretty old so I am forever worrying about him

Comment

My horse

lived till 35. Matter of fact many of the Olympic horses are 20 or so I understand. So hopefully you can knock off some of that worry for a bit.
          Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

These dogs that we groom do become a part of our family and it is so difficult when we hear that they are sick. Hopefully this little gal will get treatment and live a long happy life.
            "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
            Diane

Comment

To arrooh

Ya thanks hes my big baby and still spunky as ever so Im sure he will be fine. 35 that is pretty old wow. I think I gor freaked because this one friiend had a horse just died at 24 so it kinda hit me you know Raffi's older then that. But every horse is different, Im to much of a worrier lol.

Comment

bc in dogs

Actually, when caught early, a nd all affected tissue is removed, many dogs have no recurrance and do just fine.
                My mini poodle developed strange lumps on two breasts at 3 yrs, I had them removed and spayed her at the same time. The biopsy came back extremely malignant.
                She never had a recurrance, and died at 9 when she dug out under the fence and was hit by a car.
                Deidre

Comment

Working...
                X