Should i sharpen or toss??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should i sharpen or toss??

What do you guys reccomend--tossing out my dull blades or sending them to be sharpened? If you reccomend sharpening can ya reccomend a good sharpener that does blades as well as shears. I live in the northeast. What kind of blades does anyone reccomend also. I just feel i am not getting the life out of the ones I buy (competition series from petedge).

send them to the blade guys. That is where I send mine. They are great.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

If you're going to toss them, pack them up and send them to me. I'll even pay for the shipping. lol

Comment

Yep... The blade guyz... I'll be sending mine to them shortly...
        Becky

Comment

The Blade Guyz

Most definitely send your blades and shears to them, they will come back like new...You won't be disappointed...

Comment

I have sent my blades out for sharpening for years but when I get my Moser blades back they just don't cut very well and I too think for the stress of it all, I'm going to just buy new Moser blades!!!!!

Comment

I use a company called Service Grinding in Hayward WI. decently priced and everything comes back good as new. They even repair clippers and dryers and such. I think I even sent them my shop vac once ( I'm a ditz sometimes)

Comment

I ALWAYS toss out :-) Blades that are sharpened NEVER seem to cut right again and I have tried several sharpeners.

As far as Moser blades, send them to Wahl and they send you a new one instead of sharpening it :-)

Comment

the blade guys, better try them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gracy Rose View Post
                    I ALWAYS toss out :-) Blades that are sharpened NEVER seem to cut right again and I have tried several sharpeners.

As far as Moser blades, send them to Wahl and they send you a new one instead of sharpening it :-)

Then you haven't tried The Blade Guyz.

I have never had blades that cut so well, even when new. My #7's are like ...well, razor sharp. So are my scissors. I've never EVER had such a good experience with sharpening. And, their prices are way lower ($2 / blade!!!) than what I've been paying!

Tammy in Utah
                    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post

I have never had blades that cut so well, even when new. My #7's are like ...well, razor sharp. So are my scissors. I've never EVER had such a good experience with sharpening. And, their prices are way lower ($2 / blade!!!) than what I've been paying!

Tammy in Utah
                      /agree with Tammy. If your blades never came back "as good as new" they you have never tried the blade guys. Sometimes my stuff comes back BETTER then new since half the companies are selling dull blades these days. Anyway. I say try sharpening them, if they still dont work THEN toss them. At worst you get a pair of back up shears. You can check out the blade guys website too. They have all kinds of helpful info for groomers on it. There is a link to it somewhere on this site. Id find it for you but Im late for work!! good luck.

jade

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post

Tammy in Utah
                        EDIT: The prices are lower BY $2/blade, I didn't mean they are only $2/blade total!
                        Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Blade Guyz! They're living on the razor-sharp edge. Toss a blade? Never! They cost a pretty penny, why throw money away? Sharpen. If you're not convinced that they're "good as new" (if not better-than-new), you've still got a back-up for the day when your spiffy shiny new blade won't cut a hair fresh out of the package, you've dropped your really good one of that size, or when you've just got to rough-clip a dirty dog so your bather will continue speaking to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kifaru View Post
                            or when you've just got to rough-clip a dirty dog so your bather will continue speaking to you.

LOL, a bit OT, but just thought this was so funny. My bather's eyes literally sparkle when I tell her not to bathe Fluffy yet, I'm going to shave him first!
                            Erin
                            No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

Throw Away!?? Wow, that never occurred to me. I have blades that have been sharpened many, many times and are still great. I have even had new blades that I didn't like until they had been sharpened once. When the blade has been sharpened so many times that the inside surface of the larger side is smooth (the ridges that the 2nd smaller blade set on are gone) then throw it away. Or better yet have a funeral because that will take a dozen sharpenings and just about as many years, too!!

Comment

Working...
                              X