What do you think??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think??

So as most of you know I am planning on approaching the owner of the kennel where I work to try and get more money and also get my hands on the appointment book financially I am making no money right now with the way the commission is working and I am certanly not getting paid what I should. There are not alot of places left for me to groom because where I live grooming is a very cut throat business every one is like this clients mine or you stole my business I say ahh horse hockey to that. Anyways in the past few weeks I have had some of my clients come up to me and (seriously) whisper would you be willing to come to my home and groom my dogs. They say they would rather pay me then pay the place where I work. Does that sound fishy to anyone else? or should I just say yep I can do that I have all my own equiptment why not.

As a future employer that does sound "fishy". I would approach your employer with your concerns and if you don't get what you want then start your own business. If your employer didn't have you sign anything regarding taking clients then they are free for the picking when you leave.

Comment

Originally posted by mommasita View Post
      So as most of you know I am planning on approaching the owner of the kennel where I work to try and get more money and also get my hands on the appointment book financially I am making no money right now with the way the commission is working and I am certanly not getting paid what I should. There are not alot of places left for me to groom because where I live grooming is a very cut throat business every one is like this clients mine or you stole my business I say ahh horse hockey to that. Anyways in the past few weeks I have had some of my clients come up to me and (seriously) whisper would you be willing to come to my home and groom my dogs. They say they would rather pay me then pay the place where I work. Does that sound fishy to anyone else? or should I just say yep I can do that I have all my own equiptment why not.
      If it's more than one client, it would sound especially fishy. Sounds like the owner of your kennel is challenging/testing your loyalty.

Tammy in Utah
      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

talk to you boss and be honest, not sneaky.( it will catch up with you sooner or later)

Comment

I'm of the other opinion. If these clients are coming to you, asking you to come to their homes to groom their dogs, I'd go for it. You aren't the one going to them asking, you aren't stealing clients from your place of employment. The clients have the right to go to any groomer they want to.

You may still want to talk to your employer about your concerns and if doesn't work out for you go out on your own.
          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
          Diane

Comment

It sounds strange to me that you have had more than one client come and whisper this to you. Sounds like your boss doesn't trust you and is maybe testing you. If you are that unhappy and your boss won't make any changes to make you happy, why don't you go ahead and quit and open your own home based business, or start putting out resumes and if you get another job then quit your present job (w/notice hopefully). I would just be cautious of taking any "offers", that could just turn around and "bite you in the butt"!
            SheilaB from SC

Comment

and

Don't forget the liability issue.

You are on THEIR turf, not yourown, and they can watch everymove you make if they so desire, yes even video, so, think long and hard about it.
              Its so easy to think things are simple, but in todays world it just isn't.
              If you do it, make sure you have liability insurance.

Comment

Working...
              X