booster bath for DIY users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• booster bath for DIY users?

does anyone use the Booster Bath - Groomers Edition tub in their do-it-yourself stations? Not sure? follow this link for a pic.

http://www.groomers.com/itemdy00.asp...More+Info.y=10

No, we don't. I don't like those tubs. They are not sturdy enough and the water will get everywhere. We use edemco one piece metal tubs as well as fiberglass human tubs.

Comment

If you are thinking about using one of those for your dyi dog stations I would think again. I don't and have never used one but just by looking at it it doesn't look very durable. You need either stainless steel or regular bathtubs like humans use, jmo.
      "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
      Diane

Comment

We are opening a DIY and love the tubs we are getting. They are not ideal for most groomers but for the general public they are great and they look brandnew after years of use. petspa.net is where they are from.

This tub I would not use, I have seen it in one store and I would not feel comfortable having them. Also they are sold to the public so why would you want to let them know there is a tub they can hook up on their hose and do it at home. I would prefer they stay ignorant to that and just enjoy coming in letting us clean the mess and enjoy great customer service.

Comment

Booster Bath

Let me tell you this tub is worthless. I had to get one, didn't want to, but it leaks water and the hose isn't long enough at all. It might be ok for someone to give their own dog a bath outside where you don't need a drain, but I want to throw it out the window. It was a pain to put together.

Comment

It's cool for private use

I have this tub at home where I groom rescue dogs. I have also sold many of them to at home grooming businesses just starting out and to countless show breeders. There are many good points about this tub. It is very durable and holds large dogs safely without ever wobbling on a fairly even surface. It's light enough to easily pick up and move. It hooks up to the hose or to the washer faucets with either the hose adapter they sell or one you can easily buy parts for and put together from a hardware store. It also snaps together very easily and stays together until you take it apart. This thing gets used at my house for several baths a week and has been stored outside on my patio often in the sun for 3 years. It hasn't even faded, dried out or changed in any way from being outside. However, it does have a couple drawbacks. The drain hose is really short. I suppose you could take it to the hardware store and find the parts you need to have a longer drain hose. The tub and hose do not leak if it's it correctly hooked up in the first place. In cold months I put it right outside the side garage door and use warm water from the washer faucet and bring the dogs in as soon as we are finished and it works fine for me. There are no high sides or backsplash so the chances of getting water everywhere are pretty high and it's probably not something you want to use indoors unless you have an area that won't be affected by overspray, and shaking dogs. I use it outside exclusively so that the length of the hose and the overspray hasn't been a problem for me. It suits my purpose wonderfully. I don't think I'd really want to use it in a shop for the public though. They'd make such a mess with it. It would be great for additional tub space on a real busy day especially if you have a bather who likes bathing outside during the summer.

Comment

a friend of mine grooms her Kerrys in this tub. I wouldn't use it in my DIY though. If you are trying to cut costs check out my website and view my tubs. They are real tubs just built up with steps. Each tub (steel with porcelain) cost me $99 brand new from Home Depot.

Comment

this would probably be a tub id buy to wash my dog outdoors in just to get him off the ground. for everyday, public use? i wouldnt buy one. this is designed to be used outside (there is a picture on petedge i believe and it is being used outdoors i think.), and wouldnt be worth the few hundred bucks if your looking to use it for a DIY. id invest in a diffrent type of tub....i remember one grooming salon i was going to work for....she had some very odd looking tubs but they looked really nice! i have never seen them before...
                they are a dark blue color and large! very nice tubs!
                id just get something that can stand up to years of use and abuse LOL! that seems like it would work for people bathing dogs at their house or outside that dont really care what the tub looks like...but for an actual grooming shop i wouldnt use that.
                JMHO
                Hound

Comment

sudsypup

those tubs are GORGEOUS! i love the fact that you can choose a diffrent color too! for a DIY it seems like it'd be worth it...also the other grooming shop i mentioned her tubs didnt have high sides. they were shaped kind of like this tub...except they were wider. they had stairs where the dog could walk up, and they were stationed where you could walk around the whole dog instead of having to constantly turn the dog around (this would work very well for DIY dog washs where you dont have to fight to turn the dog around. last DIY dog wash i went to they had regular tubs and i had to turn my dog around...it was a PITA! i would have liked going to one where i could just walk around him, wet him down, lather him up, rinse him off and HV dry without having to fight with him...as it was i didnt get his head totally dry or his feet because we were drying him in the tub (another thing id like is if the DIY dog washs would provide a dry place to dry the dog at...like a grooming table or a platform where you can hook the dog up and walk around and dry the dog totally. i wasnt happy that i wasnt able to get his feet/legs totally dry as he was standing in the tub.
                  i love those tubs though!
                  Hound

Comment

Too short. Their backs will be killing them, the DIY people, that is. The only benefit is that it would make owners realize how bad our backs hurt after grooming their dogs, lol.

If you want to save money, and have something nice and easy to clean, buy a one-piece shower/bathtub from The Home Depot or Lowes. They are a hard plastic material, easy to clean (VERY easy), and the benefits are many, one of which is you can hand dry dogs in them and just hose down the walls afterward, as that is where most of the hair will go!

Tammy in Utah
                    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

what id like to see created was a hydrolic tub...you can adjust it to YOUR height! some groomers dont take into consideration what height their bather will be/is and customize the tub to THEIR height. now what happens if your a taller groomer and you have a shorter bather and the tub is now too high for the bather to comfortably bathe the dogs in? or if your a shorter groomer and the bather is taller and then has to bend over to wash teh dogs? thats what happend to me once...1st shop i worked at...the tub was lower down (probably hit my midsection) and i had to bend over to wash the dogs...WELL....one day i turned to get shampoo went to bend back over...OH NO it hurt SO bad!!! wasnt gonna work. tried bathing while standing straight up...uh nope wasnt working on those lil doggys! so i went and told the owner/groomer that i had hurt my back and i had only been there for an hr...she was NOT happy as i had to go home and be off work for 3 days! (i only worked 3 days anyways...this had happend on a tuesday...and i worked tues/weds/thurs so i was off work all day tues(minus an hr)/weds/thurs/the follwing tuesday, then went back in on weds....and had a light day. all because the tub was too short for me LOL!
                      ah well...someday!
                      and for those tubs...either they can be raised up to a comfortable height for the average person OR if your planning on using the tub yourself...just build it up to the height you want it at and have the DIY tubs all one height. these people arent going to be bending over for hours at a time like we do LOL!
                      Hound

Comment

I used one

three times at a customer's home. She bought it for her patio. It was just fine, big and sturdy enough for Beardies and all. It was though set low and hurt my back to groom their Bichon in it. She did her own hose attachment that leaked, and then the other dogs would gather round trying to lick the leaking water.
                        Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Hound you are referring to "new breed dog baths". Search for that name and tell me if that is it :-)

Comment

Working...
                          X