thought i would get a break.....lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thought i would get a break.....lol

So Christmas was hectic of course here at the shop, then we had family here until last weekend. I assumed the shop would be somewhat slow.... I was wrong! I was overbooked yesterday and very steady throughout january so far. The biz has been open 3 1/2 mos now so I am happy about it and looking forward to spring. I am running around w/ my head cut off! lol. Between the shop and my kids lessons, etc I am beat! I need a clone!

Job security. Right now I am not busy, and glad cauze I have a pinched nerve in my back. So I am taking a week off to heal and sit here and post away till my fingers bleed. lol
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Christmas was also crazy for us. I thought it would slow down in Jan. but so far it has been steady. I took my Vacation this week thinking it would be slow. I now feel bad for leaving my groomers!! But I have great groomers who will take care of everything while I am visiting my family and relaxing!!

Comment

We're not ridiculously slow, but we are definitely slower than we were last month. That's ok though, I am really enjoying it!
        Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I'm not busy, but it's not as slow as I'd thought it was going to be. The weather may be a factor over here; it's been alot warmer and sunnier . The phone rings alot less when it's snowing like crazy and blowing hard!

Comment

Oh just my last week of the month i have a few slots open. If we get white stuff then i have to fill slots.
            Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

a little slow but not terrible. I kind of like a little quiet once in awhile
              "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
              Nancy

Comment

My shop is pretty slow right now, this week wasn't TOO bad, but next week is quite slow. Christmas was crazy for me though, but I like to keep going, and be busy just not as busy as I was at christmas.

Vicki

Comment

We're about the same so far as we were before Christmas. Maybe one dog a day less. But we still have a lot of boarding dogs in the kennel that are going home every day, so that may be why.

Next week, who knows?

Comment

This week has been alot slower than Christmas that's for sure. I had a few dogs during the week, tomorrow is booked up. Not sure what next week will be like. I have a few dogs here and there.
                    I'm actually surprised I'm not a little busier since it's in the 50's here. Then again, most everyone came in over the last few weeks. I'm not complaining though. I can use the rest, and the time to clean the shop!

Comment

I've been pretty busy, about like it was before Christmas, I'm impressed. I thought it would be dead.

Tammy in Utah
                      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

down here in tn,it really has not been to cold so we been busy,we are even starting to see some fleas here there in some of our dogs....

Comment

Definately slower than at Christmas, but busier than I was last year at this time. I always stress a little from January to March so I am not complaining!
                          SheilaB from SC

Comment

appts

staying steady, paying the bills but barely as I have a large overhead. stressfactoid! lol How do you all book so steady? I don't seem to have clients that like to prebook as much, so its about half n half...phone stays busy those.. I dropped working Mondays and just fill the rest of the week, but I'm there TRYING to get organized and do some cleaning...hopefully I can keep my new years resolution on being more ORGAINIZED! LOL I'm usually slower in Feb than Jan for some reason?

Comment

I think part of the reason I've been so busy is the warmer than normal winter we're having. We haven't had any snow, just rain. Rain means mud. Mud means dirty dogs. I've even seen a few ticks.

I shouldn't complain. More grooms means more $$$. But I'd like a day to catch my breath.

Comment

Working...
                              X