Northern Tails Sharpening is moving to Mobile, AL on May 21st 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Tails Sharpening is moving to Mobile, AL on May 21st 2007

It's True!!! Jeff and Northern Tails Sharpening is moving to Mobile Alabama, way down on the Gulf Coast, effective June 1st, 2007.

Why The Move??

In April 2007, I went down to help Tim do the lower part of his mobile route along the gulf coast. He was only doing PetSmart's and PetCo's from Pensecola to Baton Rouge, and this was really extending his coverage beyond what he was capable of handling in a timely manner clear from Edwards (Jackson MS).

While I was there I discovered that dog groomers, as well as , barbers and hair stylists were not getting sharpened because there were no sharpeners. Can you imagine blades so dull they were ripping hair out of dogs, and scissor so dull that barbers and stylists were snagging the hair while they were trying to cut it??? There was no sharpening from Pensacola FL way over to Baton Rouge LA, this is the reason I want to move there. I can help those folks by keeping them sharp, and maintaining thier equipment.

The move for me is going to be May 20th, and I will have a temporary residence northwest of Mobile AL. I have send brochures to 267 different grooming shops and veterinarians all along the Gulf Coast. Since then I have had numerous calls for help and the excitement to have one of "The Blade Guyz" right there local.

If your thinking about shipping a box to me please wait until at least May 17th and send it to the Alabama address below. If you've already shipped boxes to my regular P.O. box in Michigan thats OK, but dont ship there anymore. I have paid the post office the "premium" forwarding fee that will forward each box to Mobile AL for two weeks. The Post Office assures me there will only be a minor delay in the forwarding process. Be sure to remember to get "Delivery Confirmation" when ever you send a box of equipment through the mail.

Northern Tails Sharpening
    4354-A Old Shell Road
    Suite# 313
    Mobile, AL 36608
    989-370-1084

My phone number will remain 989-370-1084

My grooming shop in Grayling will still be in business because its family owned. I have been grooming now and then in my sharpening trailer. I have everything in there except a tub. (Maybe one day I will)!!

Thanks for your understanding in this move of mine, things will be back to normal in no time.

Jeff

Jeff........ Best to you!
    Don't forget us little guys when you become so much in demand!
    I'll wait to send my package and may the move go well for you.

Comment

So instead of NORTHERNtails, will you now be SOUTH paw?

Comment

Yipee! Now you will only be about 30 minutes away from me! It gives me a new excuse to go to Michaels craft store.
        Can't wait to meet ya!
        Deanne

Comment

Its really sad in some places especially New Orleans, everybody mails out someplace. If I can cater to the local groomers like I did in Michigan, they will be very happy. Ive got about 20 customers in the gulf that dont have to mail out to me anymore.

By the way, I was raised in Savannah Georgia, its like going home again to the beaches and ocean. Ahhhh....there's nothing like the smell of the ocean, ask anybody who lives near one. Since I retired from Georgia-Pacific as an engineer for 28 years I dont have to stay in this cold and snowy place.

Don't be afraid to mail to me, it only takes two days to get to me from anywhere in the lower 48 states. Its only 90 minutes to New Orleans to the west, and 90 minutes to Panama City Florida to the east. And inside those 200 miles you go across 4 states: Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisianna. There are 267 groomers in-between those cities along the gulf coast, and I hope they can use a good sharpener and groomer.

Well, I hope the move goes without a hitch, and Ive got a full week of sharpening already scheduled for next week from the phone calls I received.

Thanks to everyone for your support in this move of mine. Please hold off mailing anything until the beginning of next week.

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

Welcome!

Gracie Rose beat me to it...I was thinking of SouthernMuzzle!

Comment

****. I was just about to send you a pkg. I am down to my last 7F and it's not doing so good. Hey, I won the $25 gift cert back in Feb does it matter if I send it to you or do I have to send it to Tim.
              If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Glad I read this. I was going to mail a box today. That's ok though...now I can toss in another set of clippers for you to look at.

Comment

Diamond

You can send a package if you want, but use the new address on our website. I wont be able to sharpen it until Tuesday next week. So if you can wait for it an extra week it will be fine. I have several boxes Im bringing with me that the groomers told me to go ahead and take my time and do it when I get there.

Tim just had an operation and is recuperating at home. They worked on his nasal passages because soemthing was restricting air flow. I think he's taking a week off from sharpening.

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by northerntailssharpening View Post
                    Diamond

You can send a package if you want, but use the new address on our website. I wont be able to sharpen it until Tuesday next week. So if you can wait for it an extra week it will be fine. I have several boxes Im bringing with me that the groomers told me to go ahead and take my time and do it when I get there.

Tim just had an operation and is recuperating at home. They worked on his nasal passages because soemthing was restricting air flow. I think he's taking a week off from sharpening.

Thanks,

Jeff
                    Could have been dog hair restricting his nasal passages lol
                    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy Puppy View Post
                      Glad I read this. I was going to mail a box today. That's ok though...now I can toss in another set of clippers for you to look at.
                      No problem Fluffy, just wait until the end of the week and mail to the new address on the website or on my signature here. It will take the same amount of time no matter where I live to get blades to me.

Thanks

Jeff

Comment

no no no!!! only name fitn is SouthernTails!!! its just so fitn ya'll!

Comment

Working...
                        X