Im Back! For good I hope...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im Back! For good I hope...

Hey all, if you been wondering where the crazy cat lady from RI went to, here I am! I'm sorry I havent been around to drive everyone nuts, but for the last few months I have been nearly homeless with my two kitties. I lost my home in Providence and had to find a new place to live that was affordable asap. That was last fall. Shorty after that I lost my job because it was too slow. Over the winter we stayed in a mold infested room with no heat, hot water and for awhile, no electric. The three of us spent all our time cuddled under the blankets reading books with a flashlight. I couldnt store refrigerated food nor cook. No shelter would take me with two cats. I lived off my savings and got a job at Wallyword which again, let some people go including me a couple months ago. I got another job stocking 3rd shift at another store. Life is slowly returning to normal, I now have an apartment in the southern part of the state (closer to Conn.) and have done some bather/kennel job searching with no avail. I figured rounding near summer people would need help, but I guess not around here. I would love to get my hands on an animal again now that I have a place to live! I even adopted an abandoned kitten and my little apartment now feels like a home. We are still struggling, but its slowly getting better. Just wanted to let you all now whats going on and im looking forward to making some posts!
    -Jenn-
    -Taffy, Katie and MoonShadow-

well i'm glad you're okay now,and i thought i had problems after reading you post i will try not to complicate my life on the little things that i turn into big problems god bless you and take care of you and your cats.

Comment

Wow. I worked with folks in your situation as a social worker. Yes, the animals do create a problem---it's hard to find housing that will accept pets, especially when it is low-income. The sad thing is that it's because of bad ownership that we have this problem. We all pay for that.

If everybody were responsible (and accountable) for the behavior of their pets, this story would have been different. I'm sorry you had a hard time finding housing. Keep your chin up.

Tammy in Utah
      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I'm so glad that things are looking up for you. Hopefully your life will just keep on the up hill climb.

Even in your bad times you took in another little kitty. That may have made it more difficult but what a blessing it was to that little kitty.

We will be looking forward to seeing more posts from you telling us how you're doing.
        "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
        Diane

Comment

WOW. Just when I thought I had it bad. I am so sorry for all you have been through. I will not complain about my life (as much lol) anymore. There are plenty of jobs in Pennsylvania.
          If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I am so thankful for you! And to think of all the people who get rid of their adult pets because they don't "fit their lifestyle" or can't take them to the new home, or are having a baby, blah blah blah, and here you give up your comfort for them! What a sacrifice. Thank you so much for all you've put yourself through in order for your pets to stay with you. I think that is just the sweetest thing I've heard in a long time. I"m so glad to hear you're doing better, it will continue to get better. I will keep you, and your kitties, in my prayers.
            Erin
            No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

Working...
            X