2006 Grooming Price (Not Mobile) Survey Results Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Grooming Price (Not Mobile) Survey Results Discussion

At http://www.petgroomer.com/surveys.htm you can now see the results of the Grooming Price Survey 2006 (for all groomers except mobile). You can return here please to discuss it, don't open new threads. Thanks.

Mobile price survey results coming later today.
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Wow, I'm surprised at a few of the prices, but mostly surprised at how high some of the average prices for just a baths are. Some seem pretty accurate, but a few are kind of high imo.

Comment

looks survey is too low for my area

I'm surprised how low the prices are in the survey in new england area, it looks like at least $10 less to me.

Comment

I agree Bell, I was surprised and dissappointed with the NE rates. Seems low to me. I was hoping the survey would support my price increase plans. Oh well -- they're just 'averages'.

Comment

I can't see the results!

Why won't it let me click on either one of the price results? The letters are still black, not blue like the others that I can click on to see.

Stephen: CLICK REFRESH on your browser to get the latest page. Your computer is storing web pages on your hard drive, so you are getting the page of your last visit. That is a setting you control on your computer browser in the history section. Look for Edit - Refresh menu or two arroves, like yin and yang, that's refresh in Microsoft browsers.

Comment

wow! I am a bit higher than the average for around here. For st. poodles I am 30.00 higher than the average!! guess thats why I only have 1!!! Im not complaining either!! Thats alot of time and scissoring....

Comment

Low low very low!!!!
              I was very surprised at all regions! Especially mine!

Comment

Wooo hoooo...I'm either average to above average in price on the listed dog full groom and bath only prices with the main exception being standard poodles. I'm about $5 under the average. GRRRRR...and I pay for it every time I groom one!

Tammy in Utah
                Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Wow, I too was surprised at the average New England prices. Im a good $15 more. I know Im higher the most in my area, but if thats an "average it means there are some people charging a good bit lower then those prices too right? ouch for them.

Comment

Gosh, the prices seem low to me, and not just for the south where I am. I'm about twice as much for nails. I don't get why baths for Labs and Goldens are practically the same.

Comment

It seems that the Mnt. Region all prices are way low. I'm anywhere form $15-$25 higher on all grooms and I'm not the most expensive in my area. I'm not complaining, and I'm certainly not lowering any of my prices, but I hope that others will raise theirs. Grooming is hard work, we deserve to get top dollar.

Scoop

Comment

For my area the prices listed are way lower than my prices for groom dogs and a bit lower for bath dogs. I was surprised about some of the bath dog prices. It seemed like the harder bath dogs weren't much more than the easy ones. Actually the prices for all areas were considerably lower than my prices.

Comment

Wow! I'm higher than these averages too. A couple I'm the same or a little less (easy type). The GR I see the biggest difference between the averages and my price. I'm 25 higher...Who is giving a oay GR a full groom for 41 bucks? Geez, not me! And my body thanks me for it. I totally agree with Scoop, we deserve top pay. Grooming is very hard work.

Comment

The full grooming on a Golden Ret. is that a clip down?
                            or just trimming of feet and feathers?
                            LoriA

Comment

All the GR's I groom only come in once - maybe twice a year (at most) and don't have any grooming in between. Most will get a their feathers thinned out - all undercoat removed - and trimmed. I usually use a snap on comb for their body to thin and even out as well. I don't like to shave retrievers, but have if owners request it - that's the same price maybe a little more if it's a difficult shave. If the GR is larger than average - the price is higher. I groomed one last month that weighed 110 pounds. So that one of course was higher priced than the average GR. My average GR's run around 60 - 65 dollars per groom - give or take a little. Rarely less though. Unless it's just a bath and trim, but I don't get those. Unless I'm boarding one and he's been kept in good shape. Hope that answers your question LoriA.

Comment

Working...
                              X