Sign...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sign...

I had my car at the garage yesterday and they had a sign on the wall I thought was funny. It said...

Labor Rates

Hourly Rate....... $55

If you watch... $65

If you help........$75

If you worked on it first....$150

Oh Jessica, that's a hoot!

I could just see myself telling people that if they "worked on the dog first," it might be double, lol.

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

hahaha that is great & totally applicable to our profession too!!!

Comment

lol...the school I went to had that same sign on the back of the bathroom door. Too funny!

Comment

Very funny!! And true!

I could use that!

Thanks for sharing!!
          Erica

Comment

Ha! we have that sign in the shop!

The shop owner was at the flea market one day and saw that sign. Now it stands prominently on the wall right when people come in. Everyone thinks it's really funny. A few people were alittle worried thinking they were actually our rates! But she really bought it for one particular customer of mine.....Kayla's mom. The little maltese in one of my songs over in groomer giggles. The owner stays, gives the dog a trim in between, and won't leave me alone the whole time i'm grooming Kayla.......what I can't hear you over the clippervac! huh? what did you say?lol.....but she is a nice lady, and so i tolerate her.....As soon as we got the sign she noticed it and asked us if we got it because of her....and i told her, "Yes, we did!"

Comment

I have an older couple with a cocker who insist on staying. The man holds the dog, his hands are always in the way, and when he talks, he spits on me (yuck!) I try to get the dog to stand, and he is pushing on its rump and telling it to sit.
              Then, the woman will come over now and then and point out things "Can you trim the hair around the ears Jessica?" "Can you trim the feet up a little more Jessica?" "You missed some hair on the left front leg Jessica, can you get that?" It irritates me to no end because all that is scissor work and I am still clipping...I know that hair needs trimmed...don't point it out to me.

I should get that sign and tell them those are my new prices.

Comment

That's hilarious!! I'm sure we can all relate to that! We need one for groomers!

Comment

UGH, I hate it when people try to help me. I am mobile and they are in my way. I think I will print that up and laminate it and paste it to my wall.
                  If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I've printed it out and it's going on the wall in my van. THANKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy Puppy View Post
                      I had my car at the garage yesterday and they had a sign on the wall I thought was funny. It said...

Labor Rates

Hourly Rate....... $55

If you watch... $65

If you help........$75

If you worked on it first....$150
                      I think I am going to have to post that one in my shop. Love it!

Comment

the dog to stand, and he is pushing on its rump and telling it to sit.
                        Then, the woman will come over now and then and point out things "Can you trim the hair around the ears Jessica?" "Can you trim the feet up a little more Jessica?" "You missed some hair on the left front leg Jessica, can you get that?" It irritates me to no end because all that is scissor work and I am still clipping...I know that hair needs trimmed...don't point it out to me.

Tell them that they can only stay if they do a sit stay in the waiting room and be quiet. No talking.
                        Tell them that the insurance company has informed you that you will no longer have coverage if the owners stay in the grooming area.
                        They will still be able to see you working, but not interfere.
                        If not, you should be charging at least 50% more, as they slow you waaaay down.
                        Deidre

Comment

Grooming Fees:

Hourly rate: $45
                          If you misrepresent your pets personality: $75
                          If you call to "ask if your pet is ready": $95
                          If you stop in because you were in the area: $105
                          And, if you make up an excuse of how your pet got in this horrid condition other than you are lazy: $150
                          A happy, well groomed pet... Priceless!

Also, about clients watching: I tell them that my insurance liability does not allow it.

Before any of my groomers remind me about the butthole:-) We have a client who has a very dog aggressive Golden Retriever. Anyway, on day he enters the shop and I ask "how may I help you", he ignores me and starts walking to the back and growls "I am getting my dog". Very sweetly, I say "I will do that for you, our insurance does not allow clients in the back". He growls "don't give me that I am an attorney". Very sweetly through a BIG smile "I understand and I am the OWNER and I WILL get your dog". Ever since, he always waits for us to bring out cooper :-)

Comment

Loooove the butthole story Gracy!

Comment

[QUOTE=Gracy Rose;45480]Grooming Fees:

Hourly rate: $45
                              If you misrepresent your pets personality: $75
                              If you call to "ask if your pet is ready": $95
                              If you stop in because you were in the area: $105
                              And, if you make up an excuse of how your pet got in this horrid condition other than you are lazy: $150
                              A happy, well groomed pet... Priceless!

Gracy, I really like this sign.......but you have to add (maybe between if you stop in and if you make an excuse) if you tried to groom it yourself.......because there is just nothing like trying to make a nice poodle tk after the owner already hacked the front of it back to it's ears! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X