Its raining dogs.......I need a break LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its raining dogs.......I need a break LOL

OY Ive been doing about 9 a day for weeks now and I am so tired!!!!!!!!! Anyone else going crazy? Welcome to spring/summer I suppose My business is only 8 mos old and its going strong (woohoo)

Anyone wanna come groom in Alabama??? lol

Me, too! 9 to 10 a day on average, since beginning of January- tired is too mild a word!lol I'm going to switch from owning a shop to mobile at the end of June, knowing that is what keeps me going right now........ only about 6 more weeks of busting butt, then hopefully it will get easier once I'm mobile- but not TOO much easier. ;-) Anywho, I feel your pain! The $$ is nice though.

Comment

I feel your pain!

I need help here in Iowa too! LOL I have been really busy and turning people away cause I am so booked. I've had my bus for 6 yrs now and this is the busiest year yet. I didnt even slow down in Jan/Feb
      My body is telling me to slow down. My mind is thinking of the profits. What to do, what to do......LOL

Comment

Ditto and more here in San Diego.....

Comment

Hire a bather, hire a bather! I love it!

Tammy in Utah
          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Sometimes I'm sooooo glad I don't have a big business. I don't advertise, I don't have a store front, I work out of my home and I'm still enjoying life. I'm not making as much money as you but that's ok with me.

Sorry you guys are so over worked.
            "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
            Diane

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
              Hire a bather, hire a bather! I love it!

Tammy in Utah
              Been there done that with having employees- I'm MUCH happier alone and over worked.lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                Sometimes I'm sooooo glad I don't have a big business. I don't advertise, I don't have a store front, I work out of my home and I'm still enjoying life. I'm not making as much money as you but that's ok with me.

Sorry you guys are so over worked.

Ahhh, but that's why I'm going mobile! I'm ditching the storefront, will be charging more and will then be able to do less dogs. I'm SO looking forward to it. I keep telling myself, 'work smarter, not harder'.lol Those of you that are swamped and staying in your locations, raise your prices! I guarantee you that if I didn't have this huge change coming up, I would do that myself. ;-)

Comment

wow I envy you guys...

I just opened march 1st, I am extremely lucky to get 9 a week....I am going absolutely nuts...and I am open 7 days a week. Send them to Nebraska..lol. Im glad you all are keeping busy, wish it were me, lol. good luck

Comment

When I started getting sick, that is when I realized I couldn't keep doing it. I had to have help. I want to last longer. Work smarter not harder, that is my motto now, lol.

Tammy in Utah
                    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

petgroomer82 & spikey

Girl I opened in mid/late sept and know what youre going through! Now Im to about 300 clients in the last 8 mos and it keeps growing.... You can do it! How are you advertising, etc? One day you will wake up like I did and realized you actually have grown a business and wow, now youre swamped LOL

Spikey, I have an awesome bather but I need someone who can do haircuts! I love having a bather, makes my life easier. She also cleans the shop after shes done bathing & checks the dogs out for me if Im busy - helps a TON! Last week she ran & got my son from daycare for me as I was working past closing a bit LOL. She is my neighbor and I dont think I could live without her honestly!

Comment

Were finally taking a two day weekend (mon-tues) after working 6-7 days 12-14 hours a day since March. I need it too. Our customers are giving attitude about us being booked out, and although customer service is usually my thing, I find myself getting ready to snap, when they say cant you just get mine in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I feel your pain. I've been doing anywhere from 9 to 12 every day and I am completely exhausted. Even though I'm booked out two weeks, I scheduled today off and was a couch potato all day. A day without grooming. So WHERE am I? IN THE GROOMING WEBSITE. This is just sick. Sick. Sick. Sick. Put the PedEdge catalog down and back away.................

Comment

I've been doing 8-10 dogs a day , 5 days a week, for about 2 years now...I think you get used to it...On a seldom occasion where I may have less than 8, it feels like a half day...LOL Don't get me wrong, some days I am beat, but I go to bed around 10:00pm and get a good night's sleep and I'm ready to go the next day...I take Sunday and Monday off to recoup, so far it's working for me....I'm glad my business is going so well...

Comment

I feel your pain. I've been doing about 10 a day for about 5 years now. I do have a bather, which you probably know that by now, being i'm always raving about him. I also work 6 days a week. When it slows in August and Sept( for us in Fl). I work 5 days.....The good thing is, I can always pay my bills. I'd much rather be healthy and able to work then not be able to pay my mortgage. When i feel like crying the blues, i try to remind myself of that...and when my back aches.......i take some advil! One of these days i plan on taking a vacation.

Comment

Working...
                              X