Yorkie in Schnauzer-type clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yorkie in Schnauzer-type clip

I have a Yorkie coming in tomorrow and the owner mentioned that she wants to try something new and clip him like a Schnauzer. Has anyone done this before? Just curious as to what blades you use and how long you leave the furnishings? I've never seen the dog but she said right now his hair is LONG. Also, do you ever clip the head/face like a schn as well? I'll ask her about that when they come in but I'm just curious about what other groomers have done.

I do these all the time, leaving the body hair anywhere from longer (5/8) to very short (5 blade). The furnishings usually just need scissoring up. I always leave the head a cute teddy head...i would never do a schnauzer head on a yorkie....but who knows!

Comment

I used to do one like that all the time. he looked adorable. it was the owner's idea. i think it was a 7f sch. the furns were pretty long. and yes sch head and beard also. he didn't have cropped ears so they were just blended and trimmed. the furn length was all per owner pref. i can't say for all yorkies, but this one was really cute like this.

Comment

Yes, we do a schnauzer clip and a westie clip, make sure you clarify which one. I have many clients who ask for a "modified schnauzer" when they really wanted a westie trim *5skip on back, round head). Schnauzer clip, I do exactly as I would a Schnauzer... face and all.

Comment

I get that request real often. Usually, I leave the face round. Shorten it up. Just last week, I was asked to do a schnauzer face instead. I thought she looked cute. The ones that I have done like the back to be real short. 7F short. I think its a nice clip for yorkies. For people that want something practical, but dont want them shaved down.

Comment

I have done this cut, it looks cute, but I don't like it! I used a 7f on the back and left Schnau skirt and boots. The face a puppy face.

Comment

I either do a schnauzer cut on the body with a westie face or schnauzer face, or I do a westie cut with a westie face.

Be sure to ASK the client which body style they want, and which face, maybe have some photos available so they can see the difference in the patterns and head styles.

It's a nice utility clip for low-maintenance. The other idea is to clip the body short and just leave the legs longer, eliminating the chicken legs look while making it easier to maintain. This is how I clip spike:

#4 reverse on the body w/clipper vac (His hair is so thin and straight that a #5 & #7 w/grain looks choppy) and 1" comb with the grain using the clipper vac on the legs. Westie style head.

Tammy in Utah
              Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I haven't done one of those clips on a yorky in years. I have two yorkys, I use to keep them in long floor length coats. No more! Thats way to much work. They have that really thick coat. Now their in a special little cut, kind of like a town and country on a poodle. And they still have the yorky face, I love it. It's so cute. It's just my little 4lb male he looks girly. I don't care, it's cute anyway.

Comment

I like this haircut I think it looks really cute
                  Attached Files

Comment

oooooooooh i love the hair flowing over the legs in that picture! soooooooo beautifuL!!!!!
                    Hound

Comment

There is something besides a sch. cut for yorkies?? haha just kidding. But I would say besides maybe 2 people who keep their yorkies long, this is about the only cut I do on yorkies now. The owners seem to love it. I do varying in lengths from a 7f to a snap on comb. Most still want it nice and short on the legs but I love that picture of the long hair that someone posted above.

Comment

This is my daughters dog, Rascal, done in a sch cut. He has grown out about a month, this pic is from a b&b but it still gives you some idea.

I believe I did his body in a 5-7f with grain and trimmed up furnishings, has a sch head also. He really looks cute in this cute.

I've done a couple of others in this cut and they all really look cut.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Pixie; 05-09-07, 01:36 PM. Reason: misspelled word
                        "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                        Diane

Comment

yorkie bell bottoms

I did a yorkie at my old shop that I would clip the body with 5F, all the way down her legs to her ankles and would leave bell bottoms (the owner didn't like the dog's feet!!) Ofcourse a TBH...it was very cute!

Comment

Rascal is adorable

Comment

Must be a terrier thingy. I do quite a few yorkie/schnauzer clips, they're actually cute on most.

Comment

Working...
                              X