question about hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about hair

Does anybody know, how long an individual hair on say, a golden r. lasts?

I know some people don't like silacone based products, but I always have.

IF you wash it out each groom, and reapply is't the hair remoisturized anyway, before you apply the silacone again?

I have used these products for years on my horses and never ever noticed any problem from using them, but some people just hate em.

If the life of the hair is only a year or less, am I really doing damage to the coat by using it? I have never noticed any, but I have not done dogs long enough to know.

I tried to find an answer to this but didn't really find anything specific to goldens. I've heard that some breeds guard coats cycles can be up to two years but I would not think a golden would be long. Probably less than a year.

Comment

I used to use these products then quit. They did work great but on show Maltese, Shih Tzu and even cavy coats. I started noticing end of hair shaft breakage, even when wrapped and in conditioner or oil. On pets I did not really see any difference and went to more cost effective products and less dangerous for me - You ever over spray that product on floors? If you do you'll skate across the floor - guaranteed!

Comment

Originally posted by Dexy View Post
        You ever over spray that product on floors? If you do you'll skate across the floor - guaranteed!
        Been there. Done that. And so did the receptionist, my boss, a client...

Yeah, no more getting Quicker Slicker on the floors, lol.

Tammy in Utah
        Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Working...
        X