Lhasa's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lhasa's

I'm just curious, does anyone here do a full coated lhasa? Or one in a longer coat? It seems to me that every lhasa I've groomed has had to be stripped down. I wish I could get one that was well maintained!

C comb is the longest for me. I don't consider that very long. Sorry can't help you. I've always wanted to, but no one's willing to put in the work, or the moolah to keep it up.
    Erin
    No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

I do a few Full coated Shih Tzu, ?almost the same just a much better attitude at least the ones that I have had. As the owner of 4 shih Tzus I can attest to the fact that it is so much eaiser to keep them short # of mine are long right now and #4 just got clipped she has the type of hair that if you blow on it it mats. I hated to do it but you kow the old saying that the groomers dogs are always the last to get groomed. I love the look but must people do not have time for the maintenance fo it
      "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
      Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by Maggy View Post
        I'm just curious, does anyone here do a full coated lhasa? Or one in a longer coat? It seems to me that every lhasa I've groomed has had to be stripped down. I wish I could get one that was well maintained!
        Be careful what you wish for. I have done Teddy Bear clips on Lhasas. Much rather do shih-tzus. I did a #3 kennel clip on a little one today. She is almost 2years old and I have to wonder if she is going to ever get better to groom. Their coats are thicker, and don't have as much guard hair, and tend to mat easier. It is my experience that the shih-tzus temperments are better too.

Comment

I did a Lhasa peek mix in full coat. She has a Lhasa body with a peek face.

Comment

I used to do a full coated Shih Tzu. My Lhasa was in full coat until some other chick bathed her without brushing. Had to strip her with a #15... Oh was I pissed. I also used to have a Maltese I kept in full coat. He was gorgeous.
            Becky

Comment

I've groomed a few shih tzu's and maltese in full coats, but never a lhasa, I guess it just seems weird to me that not one lhasa in good condition has ever come in to any of the 3 places I've worked. lol

Comment

I havnt done a full coated Lhasa,shitzu,yorkie,maltese ect ect any of those gorgeous floor coated breeds in ages years. Everyone wants them cut

Comment

LOVE my Lhasa's!

I guess there's always someone who's going to love a certain breed for whatever reasons - well mine is the Lhasa. I have 3 - 2 I keep in full coat. A full coat needs to be trained and not overconditioned. Most people think the more conditioner or creme rinse they put on the less tangles - wrong. They get much more tangled and matted that way (becuase of their coat type), than if you just use a good protein type shampoo. Too me, there's nothing cuter than a Lhasa in full coat. But obviously I'm very biased! My Lhasa's are my favorite dogs to groom. If every owner worked with their Lhasa's and gave them the firm direction they needed, lots more people would think Lhasa's were great to groom as well. Most Lhasa's are let to have rule of the house, becuase they do tend to be very dominant - then groomer's are left to try to work with these attitudes. I have raised lots of Lhasa's in my lifetime, and just simply don't have the problems with Lhasa's that others do. However, I also take great pride in the heritage of my pups! It's taken lots of research and time to find just the right breeder to match each female with - I've never been one to breed problems just for money. And unfortunately there aren't many like this anymore. A good Lhasa is hard to find, but once you find one - you'll fall in love!
                  My 3rd Lhasa I keep in the teddy bear clip, becuase he likes to run outside and be a wild boy - that just doesn't mix well with a full coat.

Comment

I have 3 (from the same owner) in full coat. They actually only come 3-4 times a year but the owner does an amazing job with them. They usually only have mats in the armpits and some undercoat, but that comes out very easily. Their names are; Jade, Ling, and Taki They also come with their little sister Emma a yorkie poo that is too cute!

Comment

All of my Lhasa's stay short.
                      If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I have a full coated Lhasa, I scissor it just enough to stay off of the floor.

Comment

I did groom a full coated Shih and personally kept a Maltese in full coat for awhile, but the longest coated Lhasa I've known was done by someone else in a modified Schnauzer clip! The dog looked lovely and the personality was much as Suzie described, but this was a very well-trained, very nice dog.

Comment

I have 1 full coated Lhasa named GiGi. Her owner brings her in once a month and does a great job of keeping her matt free so that makes my job easier. She is great on the table- lets me do what ever I have to.

Comment

I have a group of 3 that come it with hair down to the floor, and a #4 on the topknot I hate the look but she maintains every thing els so well I just do what she wants. Where I worked before this corvette driving guy had 2 full coated lhasas, and the bather always did them once a week and she put braids in their topknot and one down their side it was really cute.

Comment

Working...
                              X