When I die,bury my dog with me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I die,bury my dog with me

Never before could your dog be buryed with you and now maybe it can if this Flordia bill is passed.

Bill Would Allow Sen. King To Be Buried With Dog

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Valentine could be Sen. Jim King's loyal companion forever -- that's if Gov. Charlie Crist signs a bill that would allow King to be buried with his beloved Labrador retriever.

The measure (HB 1177) was passed Tuesday by the Senate 38-1 and sent to Crist.

The omnibus funeral industry bill has several items, but tucked into it is a fix sought by King, R-Jacksonville. He was stunned to learn a few years ago that his own eventual burial could not include the urn containing the remains of his favorite dog.

The measure clarifies that people can take along their pet remains as they travel to the afterworld, as long as the animal's remains are in a separate container.

King's black Lab was a Valentine's Day gift from his wife Linda many years ago.

I had two dogs I used to groom a few years back. when the owner died the will said to have the dogs put down so they could be with him in heaven. the dogs were only 3 years old, and so sweet. it was sad.

Comment

Originally posted by wagsmom View Post
      I had two dogs I used to groom a few years back. when the owner died the will said to have the dogs put down so they could be with him in heaven. the dogs were only 3 years old, and so sweet. it was sad.
      was that a nutjob or what? geez some people are so selfish!!

Comment

I would love to be buried w/my dogs, but I sure wouldn't KILL them to have this accomplished!! Agreed about the nutjobs!
        I never realized this was a government issue. If the dog is already dead and cremated, why is it anyone elses (government) business if you have the remains put in w/you whether they are in a urn or sprinkled? I understand they couldn't sprinkle if you are having an open casket, but that could be accomplished right before burial.
        Not to long ago there was a child (3yr old I think) who was killed in a car accident along w/the family dog. They had the dog in the casket w/the child which I though was heartbreakingly wonderful. There is a kind of comfort in the thought that neither this child nor the dog will be alone.
        SheilaB from SC

Comment

Is this just a FL law or is it all over? Can't color your dog in FL, and you can't get buried with it either...what Can you do?

I plan on having Sasha's urn put in my casket when I go.
          It really makes no sense to me..what is the big deal? The few wakes I have been to, people would tuck different things in to the casket..whats the big deal if it is a letter or a little pine box with ashes in it? Who is it hurting? I can't believe the gov't has to stick their nose in your business even when you are dead. Unreal. So much for being a free country.

Comment

Working...
          X