Goldiphlox, good news for you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldiphlox, good news for you!

I read in the paper a couple of days ago that the FDA voted 94/0 to tighten regulations on pet food.

Here's an article: http://www.gjsentinel.com/health/con...od/604323.html

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

That is good news. Although, after this I still think it will be hard for most of us to trust what we read. As far as the "experts" saying they believe the chickens and hogs poisoned with melamine pose little risk to human health: well that doesn't make me feel any better. My family will be eating only 100 % certified organic, but we always have. I have always bought, mostly organic. But now i am buying only 100% certified organic.......and not from walmart, either.....i have read that alot of their organics come from China, and Mexico......and they have very poor quality control...well, we know that's true for China! So I buy all my groceries from Ada's...a local, family owned organic store...it's not cheap though. but I suppose cutting down from 1000 channels of cable to just basic would be worth it to be able to afford to feed our families safe food!
    On a positive note I did read the other day that the FDA finally put a mandatory hold on certain products from China....and from all manufacturers..this is good news.....i can't remember the complete list and i don't know where i filed the article...but it included: rice protein concentrate, wheat gluten, corn gluten, and many other wheat, corn and grain products, so this is a good sign.......finally thanks for the article Spikey

Comment

I actually didn't read the whole article, but it's the 94-0 vote that caught my attention---that we need greater regulation on pet foods.

I agree about the hogs "not" being harmful to humans---it's just too hard to believe. We had to have a bunch of hogs slaughtered here in Utah because of that. I felt so bad for the poor creatures. It's a good thing animals don't have a conscience and think logically because it would be like an innocent on death row.

I don't trust any food from China. They pulled a fast one on the Koreans when I was living over there. They sold frozen crabs (laced with LEAD to make them weigh more) and many people became very sick. China lied through its teeth about it until the truth was finally squeezed out of them.

Anyway, I thought it was good news over all.

Tammy in Utah
      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

yes that is good news. hopefully with this vote we will see some change for the best... i read an article a couple weeks ago about the lead-lacing of crabs. i think i read it from the online magazine i subscribe too..it is just horrible, what some people will do for profit.

Comment

Working...
        X