X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweetpea
    replied
    Originally posted by Crystal View Post
    My brother called me once with a disguised voice. Asking if I could come right away for an emergency grooming because his 90 pound yorkie needed his bum shaved due to a dingleberry situation.

My father used to always leave me messages if I didn't answer, just barking and meowing. sometimes singing- Who let the dogs out!!!? Woof Woof
    That "dingleberry situation" made me laugh out loud. Thanks, I needed that!

Leave a comment:

• SpikeyTheYorkie
    replied
    Gracy and Doggiegroomer...

Those were the BEST! ROFL!!! Thanks for the laugh!

Tammy in Utah

Leave a comment:

• doggiegroomer
    replied
    My best friend always calls me at work and ask outrageous questions, no matter who answers the phone. One time I was in the back bathing a dog and my receptionist comes back and says there is a lady on the phone who wants her great dane shaved with a straight razor, so i said tell her between $200-$400. My receptionist eyes about popped outta her head, and she was like are you serious, and I said yup. So my rec. goes back and says we can do it for between $200-400 and then my best friends says, "well only if Erika will do it while standing on her head!" I knew it was Tiffany calling. Since then she has even fooled me a couple of times. Especially when she called up with her schnauzer that had 3 feet of hair in braids she wanted me to cut off and send to locks of love! Also she called and asked my bather if we would de-cord a puli.
    Then one day I was driving home and my bather calls me and ask we would hand pluck a chinese crested. My bather said some crazy lady was calling and wanted her chineses crested hand plucked. I got off the phone w/ my bather and called Tiffany, and Tiff said, hey how did you know I was looking for you. I said only you come up with these crazy grooming ideas!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I agree, always answer professionally... totally off grooming, before my hubby left his HIGH STRESS VP corporate job... let me set the scenario.
    I am still a stay-at-home mom, 3 little ones and just found out I was pregnant with fourth, tried calling Hubby but he was in a meeting.

Phone rings, caller ID says hubby's name: I answer it "I sexy, guess what I am wearing (I wanted to tell him maternity clothes, so he would figure it out:-). On the other line "Well, hello to you too, this is April (my husbands secretary) do I really want to know what your wearing"?

SO... always be careful

Leave a comment:

• sheilabgroomer
    replied
    Definitely always assume it is a potential client and not a comic family member! My first day of business my hubby and his friends had already pranked me once when the phone rang and it was a man asking me if I could groom his two Standard Poodles. My first thought was of course it was my hubby and his stupid friends and I was soooo close to cussing them out!!! Thank goodness I "played along" because it was an actual customer! I still can't believe that I bagged 2 Standards as first clients on the first day I opened. BTW, they are still great customers and have become good friends as well. Sammy and Georgie the original Poodles died several years ago, but they have other dogs that I do now.

Leave a comment:

• Crystal
    replied
    oh yes, I can relate.

My brother called me once with a disguised voice. Asking if I could come right away for an emergency grooming because his 90 pound yorkie needed his bum shaved due to a dingleberry situation.

My father used to always leave me messages if I didn't answer, just barking and meowing. sometimes singing- Who let the dogs out!!!? Woof Woof

Leave a comment:

• SpikeyTheYorkie
    replied
    At the first shop I worked at, the bro-in-law of the family would prank call us all the time:

"Do you groom Iguanas?" And..."Do you groom ponies?" Those were the two funniest.

Tammy in Utah

Leave a comment:

• k2p1e
    replied
    My husband calls everyday to harass me, fhe likes to ask if I would do his dog, it hasn't been done since last year, weighs around 150 lbs, he seems a bit HARD maybe matted? Ow and he likes to nibble on you when you turn on the water for the bath, but he doesn't bite HARD if you dodge his teeth! lol Right...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    My hubby does that to me ALL OF THE TIME. A few weeks ago he calls and asks "Can you shave my dogs butt"? Luckily I have a quick wit... "I said sure, we do this all of the time so that people can tell the difference between the owner and the dog". He cracked up laughing.

Leave a comment:

• pugnacious
    replied
    LOL my family always calls demanding that I groom their 8 OAY OES dogs today! Caller ID is awesome, never had it at home or work before this year but it is so much fun. If I'm with a client I can peek over and see who's calling in.
    Poor lady on the phone. I wonder if she wanted to be added to your available "dummy" list or maybe she thinks she paid to much for her straight haired poodle. Kinda makes you wonder, doesn't it!? LOL

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied
    Isn't it full moon tonight, or sometime this last week???

Leave a comment:

• Boxerfan
    started a topic I've had the strangest phone calls lately

I've had the strangest phone calls lately

Well every time a family member calls me at work they try to be cute and change their voice and ask for some kind of strange grooming request. I alway know it's not a customer but not who it is so I usually play along until they tire of the game.
    Anyhow I get this phone call from a lady who says she has a couple of questions for me, sure I say. Well she says, 'when you go to grooming school do you practice on dummies?' In the back of my mind I'm trying to figure out what crazy member of my family it is. I say, 'Uh, no, you have to work on the real thing.' so next she says, 'well I thought maybe it was like cosmetology school where you get dummies, and do you have to give perms?' I thought I would loose it right there. I'm waiting for the punchline but she was dead serious. I said no perms and she says 'ok, thanks, we just wanted to know'. I wish I had caller ID some days ecause I'd love to have figured out who the heck that was.
    There was also the call about 'fixing' a boxers earmites and the lady who walked in demanding her appointment that she made on our answering machine. She says we stated on our machine we had an appointment on May 5th and she answered that she'd take it. # 1 we don't work Saturdays, #2 our answering machine only states what month we're taking appointments for and it says to call back if they need to make an appt. not make the appointment on the machine. I think she made the appointment on the phone somewhere else and walked into our shop to confirm it.

TGIF!!!
Working...
X