UHG!!!Ticks!!!1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UHG!!!Ticks!!!1

Okay so I know that it is tick season, but do owners know that? I would think anyone who has owned a dog knows about ticks. Well tonight I just got done pulling 31 (so far) off a dog. I called and told the owner that it was going to take me alittle longer then I thought to groom the dog because I had to use tick shampoo and then pull them all off. (yes i charge extra for this) The owner says to me, "wow, that is a lot of ticks, how long have them been there?" Does it really matter, they are there now. LOL. Some times people amaze me. So how is everyone else doing with ticks this year? :-)

no problems yet in sw fl. what do you do with them after you pluck them? i used to stick them in a solution to make sure they were dead, but it took so long. a couple of dogs with 50 or more ticks on them and i learned that duct tape is once again good for everything.......pluck,stick,pluck,stick........it goes much faster that way, and no chance for escape before the little blood-suckers die!

Comment

Just lovely... I am on doxicyclene (sp), because I found a tick on me and now have a circle shaped rash where it was. They are doing it to be careful...ugh! We aren't even in "lyme endemic" area.

Comment

Actually its funny you mention it because I saw a ton of tick dogs during the fall/early winter but now I'm seeing the start of FLEA season. IMO fleas are worse because they don't stay still so of course you think they're all over you...Eew

The silver lining is I charge $10 per flea bath so I get an extra $5 to put up with the icky heebie jeebies.

Comment

I just ebayed some Advantix. Now I have to wait for it to arrive.
          If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I hate fleas. I've had a few with fleas already. I had a Cat with fleas yesterday and I felt like they were all over me. When I called the owner she seemed surprised that the cat had fleas. I think thats crazyness because its not that difficult to spot. (well I dont think so anyways)

Comment

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
              I just ebayed some Advantix. Now I have to wait for it to arrive.
              Never thought to do that, I will have to check it out.

Comment

Working...
              X