Some people!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people!

A woman leaves me a message, she went to see the vet and the vet told her the dog needs a grooming asap! The woman calls me and tells me her vet said to get the dog done asap and she also tells me that I have groomed her dog before. I don't recall the dogs name. She says it was a long time ago. I asked when the dog was last groomed and she says by me! I think long and hard and the woman is telling me her address and it is slowly coming back to me. I tell her that the last time I was there (I am mobile) was probably about three or maybe four years ago! She says yeah thats maybe the last time! The dog is a cocker spaniel!!!
    I tell her the dog will have to shaved as by now it is no doubt matted. She insists he is not. I tell her because its been so long, it will have to be shaved. Going beyond three mos. for a cocker spaniel is a long time, going as long as three or possible four years (I don't have my old books or files in front of me, they are stored in the attick so I don't know if was three or four years but at least three years) I tell her the next date I have. I actually made room for this dog thinking it needs something asap so give her a date thats about four days away which is good. She says she needs the dog done now! No way. So she says she has to call around and find a groomer somewhere, somehow that can take her dog now!

Whew. Maybe thats a good thing. I cannot imagine what a cocker spaniel looks like that hasn't been groomed in at least three years. I can only imagine the urgency the vet placed on this dog as the woman suddenly, after three years, sounded dire!

I hope that lady finds someone else that will groom her cocker sooner for your sake. It's not going to be a fun groom, thats for sure. Also a customer like that is obviously not going to start scheduling every 4 weeks. She will get the dog shaved down and forget about it for another 4 years. I bet it hadn't seen a vet in 3-4 years either.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawn125 View Post
      I hope that lady finds someone else that will groom her cocker sooner for your sake. It's not going to be a fun groom, thats for sure. Also a customer like that is obviously not going to start scheduling every 4 weeks. She will get the dog shaved down and forget about it for another 4 years. I bet it hadn't seen a vet in 3-4 years either.
      Oh come on, give her a little credit, I'm sure she won't let it go past 2 yrs now that she's learned it's a high maintenance breed!
      Erin
      No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

Yuck. Now why would a vet tell her the dog needs grooming asap, yet she insists it isn't matted? Sure, lady.

Comment

Oh, that poor animal.

When the VET says the dog needs to be groomed, YOU KNOW IT'S BAD.

Tammy in Utah
          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
            Oh, that poor animal.

When the VET says the dog needs to be groomed, YOU KNOW IT'S BAD.

Tammy in Utah
            That was my thought.
            The lady hasn't called me back so I gather she found someone else that could her dog that day. Either that or she figured she could wait another couple of years.

Honestly once I groomed this dog sort of for a lady that was almost a hundred. Bless this poor woman, she was living alone with this black cocker that hadn't been groomed in a year. It was matted everywhere and very elderly. She was so bad her eyes were covered in matts. I shaved her fact and exposed her eyes which were all goopy and she was blind anyway. I shaved her sani area and that was all I would do considering her age and condition. I told the woman she needed to have the vet visit to check her eyes out anyway. I don't know if she did. I didn't charge her very much at all...I felt sorry for her.

But this woman I cannot really remember. I just wonder what was going through her head with this bushy cocker for three plus years? Last summer was brutal and this dog must have been dying in the heat! I can't imagine what a cocker looks like after four years of no grooming at all.
            It must look like a walking carpet.
            It must feel sore from walks with the hair all matted up.
            Yeah , not matted I forgot. Don't you love it when they say that? I haven't had the dog groomed in years and years and years but its not matted and I dont want her shaved!

Comment

Oh god, just get out the NAIR. It will be easier on the dog than clippers lol
              If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

three year groom

Probably had to take it in for Rabies vaccination. Once every three years. Needed to get her license on the dog. Or you did such a great job of grooming three years ago the dog hasn't needed another one since. hehe

Comment

I've groomed a Bearded Collie before that was sent over while at the vets. The vet couldn't get the needle thru to give the vaccines. Had to shave the entire dog with a #40. It was bad.
                  Becky

Comment

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
                    Oh god, just get out the NAIR. It will be easier on the dog than clippers lol
                    God you are full of ideas!!!! That is too funny......

Comment

red flags

I had a new appointment down for today. I noticed that they had scheduled an express groom (2 hrs or less, 10.00). I asked my receptionist to call and tell them to come in between 9 and 9:30 as I don't arrive before 9, and their dog wouldnt be done by 11.
                      They got all huffy, wanted to bring it at 7:30 and pick it up at 8:30. Recept again explained that I don't get there until 9 and an express is 2 hrs or less, not 1 hr.
                      Then they demanded reassurance that I wouldn't sedate their dog.
                      Why did they think I might, she asked. Because it is 3 years old and has never been to a groomer before.
                      We explained that we might not be able to groom the dog in only one or two hours if it reacted badly to bathing and blow drying.
                      We rarely ever sedate a dog, only if it is severely stressed by grooming or tries to attack the groomer, and we would call before doing so to let the owner know there was a problem.
                      They called back in 5 minutes and cancelled their appt.
                      Woo Hoo.
                      I was not looking forward to this one, and was tremendously relieved when they cancelled.
                      I was able to replace it with a sweet pair of cockers whose owner tips 20.00 each on top of a 65.00 each grooming bill.
                      Deidre

Comment

Yep, when the vet tells them they need to be groomed it's usually BAD! That's been my experience already this spring. Had a couple of dogs come after their vet visits and sure enuf, they were horribly matted. Be happy you probably dodged a bullet there!

Comment

Originally posted by dodger View Post
                          Probably had to take it in for Rabies vaccination. Once every three years. Needed to get her license on the dog. Or you did such a great job of grooming three years ago the dog hasn't needed another one since. hehe
                          Okay that was funny!!! Maybe I can think that in my head, I am that awesome that I can groom a cocker soooo well that it doesn't need to be groomed in years and years!! In fact, I am so good I am putting my own self out of business!! Well its a nice thought anyway!
                          I am still trying to recall this lady.....but I have another one that arrived today....

This lady and I remember her from four years ago!!! When I began mobile grooming she called me to book and I gave her a date and she said that she has an appointment with the other mobile groomer that day???? Hmmm???? What????? So I called the other mobile groomer who informed me the woman was a nut and NO she did not book a date to have her dog groomed. So I called the woman back and said I had spoken with the other mobile groomer and she never booked an appointment with her. The woman then said of course not! She wouldn't have her expensive dog groomed by a random groomer! The dog is being groomed by her breeder some fifteen hundred miles away!!! End call.
                          Make sense so far?
                          About a month later she called back and I remember her....she said her dog was dire, hadn't been groomed in a while and needed a desperate groom. I called her back and she talked to me as though she never spoke with me before....I gave her a crazy later date because I decided this woman was a bit wack and scarey...and anyway she said that day was too late and she had already made an appointment with the other mobile groomer....so for a laugh I called the other mobile groomer and she informed me, yes coo coo lady did call her and again no, no grooming date was set.
                          A week later the woman calls me to tell me she has made a date with the breeder to have the dog groomed fifteen hundred miles away....
                          Following so far????
                          So this scenerio went on the first summer I mobile groomed and since then I haven't heard from her...that was four years ago...until now...she left a message on my machine speaking as though she had never called me before...introducing herself, her breed of dog and so on.....I am not calling her back.

Comment

Wow Misskitty, now that's a weird one!!

Comment

I had a woman call me a few weeks ago. She said her dog had been to the Vet, and the Vet told her it needed to be shaved NOW. I was booked solid for 2 weeks, and on vacation last week and I kept trying to make her understand that I couldn't do it until after May 6th when I returned from my vacation - and if the Vet told her the dog needed to be shaved, she shouldn't wait that long. The woman had a really hard time understanding that I couldn't squeeze her dog in that day and shave it down so finally I said, "What kind of dog is it?". I figured if it was a little bitty dog, I could squeeze it in, shave it down and be done with the woman because she wasn't taking no for an answer.

She said, "Chow/Rott mix".

LOL!!

A Chow/Rott mix that, according to her vet, needed to be shaved down NOW. You betcha.

Comment

Working...
                              X