woo hoo i am now a pet 1st aid instructor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woo hoo i am now a pet 1st aid instructor

i am just back from a 3 day seminar hosted by pet tech, the premier pet first aid people, and yours truly is now a certified pet tech 1st aid instructor. the course offered is a comprehensive 8 hour 1st aid and cpr class for both pet owner and pet professional. i am so excited. i am also so tired, i will chat with everyone tomorrow.
    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

When's your first class? Wanna do one at my shop near New Haven??? Lol.
    Erin
    No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

congratulations! now you too can travel the countyside giving instructions to private salons! there's your retirement!! LOL would be nice though!!

Comment

Wow! That's awesome! Good for you. How did you hear about doing this? I see you are in Ct. Is there anything in Mass. like that? Congrats!!

Comment

Feel like coming to Niagara Falls NY?
          I tried looking into taking a course (not an instructor course, just the cpr course), but I didn't even know where to begin. Someone told me the red cross did it, but they knew nothing about it. Any ideas?

Comment

we plan to do some traveling, sort of depending where you are and the amount of people who would be interested. oh ,lets say hawaii. there is my tax deductible business trip.
            "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Lol, forget doing one at my shop then, I'll go to the Hawaii course!!!
              Erin
              No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy Puppy View Post
                Feel like coming to Niagara Falls NY?
                I tried looking into taking a course (not an instructor course, just the cpr course), but I didn't even know where to begin. Someone told me the red cross did it, but they knew nothing about it. Any ideas?
                Hi,
                certain chapters of the red cross have the pet cpr class. ex: i am closest to FT Myers Fl. the FT. Myers chapter had no pet cpr classes, so i went to Port Charlotte Fl, about an hour north which did. I just took my pet cpr course about a month ago. also Pet Tech is sometimes at trade shows. I took my pet tech cpr course in Hershey one year. you are supposed to retake every 2 years. i am overdue for the pet tech cpr course. www.PetTech.net

and congrats chihuahua!

Comment

I've been looking around here for almost a year trying to take one of these classes too. Just cpr/first aid like fluffypuppy. I think it would be valuable to have being a groomer. I finally found a lady who teaches human cpr/first aid and has been considering offering an animal class...I've got my fingers crossed that she'll go thru with it otherwise I'll throw in the towel for now. There is nothing like this around here either. I called the Red Cross too, and they were all HUH? They had never heard of it. Good for you workingchihuahua! Wish you were in my part of the world!!

Comment

Congratulations! Three days is alot of time, I'm sure you learned quite a bit! I'm working on finding more groomers to take your class....Erin sounds like one! lol. Heck, I'd be willing to travel to New Haven even if I can't get people to come to the WAterbury area. Talk to you more about it on Friday!
                    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

just to differentiate. the pet tech course is a full day course and covers ALL aspects of pet first aid, cpr and care. the red cross is generally a short cpr course. it is why i chose to go through the pet tech not the red cross.

Comment

Working...
                      X