Poor little yorkie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor little yorkie

I did an old little yorkie today and pulled 3 deer ticks off. All 3 had a bulls eye. One of them as soon as I grabbed it with the hemo's it just fell apart and No matter how hard I tried I could not get the head out. Don't for get to put your Advantix on.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

"Hello mother, Hello father,

Fleas, ticks, mosquitos, really bother! Thanks for the package, that's why I'm writing. K9 Advantix quickly stopped all the biting. Swimming, hiking, and tent pitching. They're not biting. I'm not itching! Can't wait to show you, all my new tricks. Thanks again for sending me K9 Advantix!!"

Your post made me think of that song. That commercial would bring me to tears everytime I heard it when I was pregnant. Something about it, and how cute that puppy was just made my hormones and emotions swell. You should've seen hubby's face when he saw that commercial coming on, lol, he'd leave the room! Ha ha.
    Erin
    No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

I had been grooming for 14 years and didn’t know that rubbing alcohol makes them back out (a little), it might be common knowledge, but I thought I would spread the love.

Comment

Originally posted by scullysmom View Post
        I had been grooming for 14 years and didn’t know that rubbing alcohol makes them back out (a little), it might be common knowledge, but I thought I would spread the love.
        That's what I'd heard! I haven't seen any ticks though since I've been grooming. Should I complain?

Tammy in Utah
        Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
          That's what I'd heard! I haven't seen any ticks though since I've been grooming. Should I complain?

Tammy in Utah
          Don't you have them in Utah? You lucky girl...............

Comment

Someone on here also said it makes them spit up saliva that can have bacteria or Lymes in it though. Squeezing it with hemo's does it too. I've popped a few even trying to be gentle with the hemos. I just bought a tick nipper or picker, or whatever it's called, at Intergroom cuz I got tired of pulling tick bits out after I've popped it or run over it with clippers. I used it a couple of days ago and I didn't pop the tick. That made me happy.

Comment

I had a customer do put rubbing alcohol on her dogs ear, and then, for good measure lit a match, blew it out and pressed it to the tick....she burned her dogs ear off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard petrolium jelly is best to smother them.

Comment

Originally posted by RevWind View Post
                Someone on here also said it makes them spit up saliva that can have bacteria or Lymes in it though. Squeezing it with hemo's does it too. I've popped a few even trying to be gentle with the hemos. I just bought a tick nipper or picker, or whatever it's called, at Intergroom cuz I got tired of pulling tick bits out after I've popped it or run over it with clippers. I used it a couple of days ago and I didn't pop the tick. That made me happy.
                The tick nipper is great EXCEPT it does not work with deer ticks. They are too small. I should have put alcolol on them first being that there was already a bulls eye at each of them it would not make a difference.

Comment

When I worked at the Vets clinic a woman came in with a dog she said she had a lot of ticks on it and she burned them off with a lighter. Doc looked at the dog and said, " for one thing ticks don't line up in rows, you just burned off all her teats"!!!!!! We about died!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Plexi View Post
                    When I worked at the Vets clinic a woman came in with a dog she said she had a lot of ticks on it and she burned them off with a lighter. Doc looked at the dog and said, " for one thing ticks don't line up in rows, you just burned off all her teats"!!!!!! We about died!!!!
                    Oh my gosh, what a moron. That poor dog!!
                    Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

On my dog I use tea tree ointment to smother and kill the ticks and heal any sores they leave and the ones I get off I drown in straight tea tree oil boy it kills em fast, but I heard it's not safe for cats.

Comment

There is a tool called "tick off" its a little stick with a cup on the end that has a slit in it. It has taken off even the tiniest of ticks with no problems. I am planning on ordering some just to sell at my shop. They are the best. Pet edge has them I believe

Comment

The safest way to remove a tick is to use one of the devices or Hemos. When you sufficate them with P.Jelly or alcohol the tick goes into panic mode and will regurgitate blood. When this happens if the tick has Lymes it will give it to the dog. Dont do this. You will risk the life of the dog. Use the proper tools.
                          Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

I could not get the little suckers off with the ticked off tick remover. They were full blown and still the size of a freckle.

Comment

Originally posted by PetsRus View Post
                              Don't you have them in Utah? You lucky girl...............
                              Supposedly we do, but I've never seen them. Oh wait, at the first shop I worked at one dog had them, but the owners were travelling from Florida in their motorhome. That's the only time I've seen them. Yuck.

Tammy in Utah
                              Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Working...
                              X