Neat advertising idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat advertising idea

I went to the bank to make a deposit today, and they had those little paper shoes that people write their names on to show they've given a donation. This was for the march of dimes, and I thought wouldn't it be great if while people were sitting at the bank waiting to get money or whatever, they read my shop name on one of those shoes. So I inquired about it, but the deal stopped yesterday. Oh well, next time. Just thought I'd share cause now I'm going to be looking for those little donation things so I can get some very cheap advertising, while helping someone else out too!

What are some other unique ideas you guys have used?
    Erin
    No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

That is a great and beneficial idea. I have taken large punch bowls filled with sammich baggies that have dog treats inside. I stapled my card to the outside of each and gave them to RV resorts and some retirement communities...I am mobile. I could have made them prettier with ribbon, etc. I must say, not one single call from these places booked and appt. They all thought I was too expensive or they want 'just a bath' and picked my packages apart. You could take these to vet offices and other businesses, although just be careful about the treats you use. I would go for prepackaged, healthy treats, like greenies or something. You could also get stamp your logo on some bandannas and arrange them in a bowl, or get your logo on pens...or even print coupons for $2 - $5 off or for free add-ons that don't cost you much.

Comment

We are planning to pet some dogs in the local parades this summer, but dyeing them! I think it will really make a sensation, people won't forget that anytime soon!

Comment

I brought my poodle dyed the colors of the Irish flag for the St Patrick's day parade here, most everyone loved it, but be ready for the shouts of "animal cruelty!!" and "I'm calling PETA" lol. If you ignore them they don't usually push it, but if you say something back they get more nerve and start arguing with you. It's so much fun, I say go for it, just wanted you to be ready for the negatives.
        Erin

Comment

ejm, I always do that :-) Also, talk to your bank, I provide my bank with dog bones that have my business card tied to them and they hand them out in the drive-thru.

Comment

Erin, are you for real? People got upset? I probably would've screamed- lighten up you jerk! Well I guess not everyone can agree on everything, but gosh it's only coloring.

Comment

Oh yeah, I got all different kinds of reactions! One couple told me how awful the dog must feel, meanwhile their westie is standing behind them with his tail tucked between his legs and those doggie headband things with springs and shamrocks on the top. I was thinking, oh yeah, my dog goes out for a walk, gets attention and treats all day and doesn't know what's going on. Your dog has to wear these annoying things on his head that are probably digging into his cheeks...now tell me who feels awful.

Gracy Rose, I am doing that!!! The woman at the bank LOVES me, so I hope I can win her over!!!! That's a GREAT IDEA! I'm so glad I started this post if just for that one thought. I hope I don't get the luck PAWS had with her cards that she handed out! That stinks.
              Erin

Comment

Are you ready for this? I had my car window broken by a PETA person.

Let me explain the situation:
                It is early February 2006.
                I drive a VW bug with solar panels (this is a panel I can plug in and it keeps my car interior cool around 75).
                It is around 7 am.
                Gracy Rose is wearing her Burberry collar and some lavish little outfit.
                My car is parked in the grocery store parking lot while I run in real quick on my way to work and pick up Diet Cokes.
                This is a very small family town.

I leave Gracy Rose is my locked car. I go in and am back out in under 5 minutes and my car window is broken and this lady is writing on my window about Animal Cruelty.

I scream, call the cops (my hubby) they come ,she had since left the parking lot but I had gotten her tag, they go and ticket her with a Notice to Appear. Her explanation:She was a PETA activist and had seen me leave her in the car and was horrified by the cruelty of leaving her in a locked car even on a cool early morning day (remember February in Florida it is cool not hot) and the painful outfits.

Comment

Working...
                X