weird idea for poodle grooming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird idea for poodle grooming

I don't know why this thought just popped into my head but I think it sounds so cool! I'm imagining grooming a standard poodle with about an inch of hair, and making a long ring all down the body starting at the neck. (Imagine a stretched out slinky) Then going down the legs too. It's kinda hard to explain but I can picture it so perfectly. Lol does anyone else see what I mean?

Yes! I've had that idea myself!

Comment

I wish people would let me do things with their dogs, but NOOOO same old boring hair cuts.
      If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I think there's a post with a pic of that exact idea on the old message board...or maybe it was in the photo album we used to have...not sure, but I know I've seen a pic of it before.
        Erin
        No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

I once groomed a poodle that was in the hosp and had IV shaves all over her legs, we matched up the shaved spots and called it "ripped jeans" she looked so cool and the owners loved it!

Comment

Originally posted by ejmj30 View Post
            I think there's a post with a pic of that exact idea on the old message board...or maybe it was in the photo album we used to have...not sure, but I know I've seen a pic of it before.
            I've seen it done too..just can't remember where I've seen it.

Comment

That would be cool. Maybe your client will let you try it out!

Comment

Someone has done that, and colored the ring. Creative grooming here maybe?? I also, don't remember where I've seen it.

Comment

I've seen a Japanese groomer do it. Quite fun looking whne it's done.

Comment

I have a pic on my website

I've done a poodle with swirlies before. Can be seen on my webpage

Comment

Here's the pic I was talking about.

http://www.petgroomer.com/groomertal...8-creative.htm
                      Erin
                      No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

WOW! those swirlies must have taken awhile! such intricate detail! im sure the owner fairly PRANCED that dog out of your shop angie!
                        very very beautiful! is the poodle grey or did you dye him olive green? LOL!
                        Hound

Comment

Angie, your grooming shop is beautiful. The poodle pic was aswome. Good work!!!

Comment

I've seen it somewhere before too. I was thinking of doing my cockers legs like that, though I'm not sure how it will work. I usually shave him for the summer but wanted to do something fun. Right now he has a blue mowhawk.

Comment

Working...
                            X