how much shampoo for recirc. bathing system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much shampoo for recirc. bathing system

I just brought a luxury spa bathing system, how much shampoo do I need to put in the water? Is it differnt from shampoo to shampoo? Do yo pre-mix the shampoo? I put a full cap of concentrated shampoo in an inch high water but it seems like mostly just water come out of the hose. Am I misssing something? What about conditioner? Do you just apply by hand or go through recirc. ?

Originally posted by bell View Post
    I just brought a luxury spa bathing system, how much shampoo do I need to put in the water? Is it differnt from shampoo to shampoo? Do yo pre-mix the shampoo? I put a full cap of concentrated shampoo in an inch high water but it seems like mostly just water come out of the hose. Am I misssing something? What about conditioner? Do you just apply by hand or go through recirc. ?
    I don't own a bathing system but YES, more than just a capful. For ONE dilution bottle (the kind from pet edge) I use 8 pumps of my Plum Silky which I like diluted 20/1. So that ought to tell you. A couple o' big squirts or more??? Anybody?

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

This is a good question. I have a Sprinter. My tub has a well where the BB sits. I am never sure how much shampoo to squirt in there. I wonder if it is too much or too little. Anybody know the answer to this?
      www.gomobileandsucceed.com
      http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Hi I have a super sudser recirculating system.I usually will put a cap full for small dogs and two caps for larger dogs.You don't need very much and add water to it about a inch or so more if you are doing a large breed.

Comment

Shampoo pumps

We have 2oz. pumpers on all the gallons we are presently using. We have a 6 ft tub. So I put the bottom half of a Veri kennel in half of it. It will fit most springer size dogs. Into this we put in the wash water and shampoo. We use about 1/2 pump or 1oz. for most grooms. If it is dirty more, is really clean, about a 1/4. We put enough water for the pump to work, about up to the bumps on the bottom of the vari kennel. Now in the entire tub you need to add the entire pump which is two oz. Of course dilution ratios are different with different shampoos. But the pump is great of there is more than one person grooming so you don't waste the shampoo. You want to have at least an inch of suds on top while washing to get a good clean bath.

Comment

Get a measuring cup....I use 1/8 cup for small dogs and a 1/4 cup for big dogs. Instead of using the "defoam" I use "snuggle" fabric softener in a spray bottle to get rid of the bubbles, it's cheap and smells nice, just do not get it on the dog!

Comment

a good squirt of shampoo under the machine

Water comes out whitish. I can see it's enough. I cook often the same way. Different shampoos would have different amounts.
              Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

RE: Shampoo Systems

Sounds like your are putting not enough shamppo in. It is hard for me to give you advice when I don't know what system you are using. I am familar with Hydrosurge and Prima. I use the Prima at the shop. You put shampoo in and let mix for about 5 min. You need enough shampoo to make suds when coming out of the hose.
                Hope this helps,
                Kirsten

Comment

Shampoo & Bathing systems

Shampoo for most recirculating systems require about an ounce or two. I usually do a nice squit from a smaller bottle. I know, not scientific at all. But it's mush less then I would use if hand bathing a pet , and NO i do not dilute the shampoo, after the article on the adverse affects on some dogs from bacteria that can grow in diluted shampoo... I just pour from my gal bottle to 8 oz bottles I keep in the rig. (no room to carry huge gal jugs)

Yes, I use my conditioner through the system too. I use Downey to kill bubbles...

One thing you have to remember is that with a re0cir system, you do not need to see bubbles/ suds to know that the shampoo is working...in fact the fewer bubble the better...bubbles=air...air does not clean. Air does not hold dirt in suspention....shampoo does in the water, that's why the water is do dirty looking, it can be absolutly black and soupy, and still be cleaning!

With this type of system, you are basically rinsing the shampoo through the coat, shampoo picks up the dirt, holds it in suspension and you rinse the dirt off. Then when you empty and refill, with clean water, you continue rinsing the dirt away.

Just a different concept of washing, but one we all use...clothes washer, dish washer...

Comment

lol Pam

Your more scientific them me.I put a plam full down the top line for small dogs and two for big dogs then wet them down with clean water letting the water collect in the tub unitll there is enough for the pump to work.that way I know I have enough water on the dog and just enough in the tub to make it work.
                    I still let them soak long enough to write out the reciept and clean the floor.Then a quick shot again with the pump while it drains and rinse off the dog with clean water. I try to not use enough to cause a lot of suds, they just get in my way and dont really clean. My pump is a secondary 12 volt water pump not a sump pump, takes about half a gallon of water in the tub to make it work.I had to add a new bottom to the tub so it slants tward the recirc pump inlet and turned up the preasure on the pump. I can run both at the same time or just one.Depends on how much of a hurry I am in.

Comment

Most shampoo manufacturers have recommended to me 1/2 to 1 oz of shampoo.

Yes you can use conditioner too, works great!

Comment

Originally posted by bell View Post
                        Hey you must be the one that Diane at Luxury Spa is trying to reach. She said the the email address yahoo said does not excist. So she can't contact you. As far as the shampoo I squirt it in, I would think about 1-2 tablespoons. It depends on how consentrated the shampoo is. But feel the water as it sprays out it should feel soapy. Now for sud control dilute fabric softener in a spray bottle and after the bath spray those little buggers and they'll go away fast.
                        Kensey

Comment

Working...
                        X