Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chicken soup canned recalled

Or www.itchmo.com

BREAKING NEWS: Diamond Brand and Chicken Soup For the Pet Lover’s Soul Recalled
    April 26th, 2007

Due to American Nutrition’s recall, the following Diamond Pet Food can formulations are being recalled:

* Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover’s Soul Kitten Formula cans
    * Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover’s Soul Puppy Formula cans
    * Diamond Lamb & Rice Formula cans

I also heard more natural balance has been recalled, but I forget which specific foods.

Comment

check out the best food I've found so far....healthypetnet.com
      this is a wonderful food, developed by a vet and made in Ohio and Florida. nothing imported. made fresh every 4 weeks and does not sit on shelves like most dog foods. you ever noticed the expiration dates? some are over a year or so. who wants to feed their dog something that was made a year ago? disgusting. and there are no artificial preservatives, just read about it and see for yourself.. man these food recalls are awful!!! just awful

Comment

Nice. I feed that brand to Spike, but kibble. I bought the huge bag a long time ago, and no problems at all. I am slowly changing his food though.

Tammy in Utah
        Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Well now Chicken Soup I thought WAS a great food, no wheat or corn gluten or rice protein concentrates. What happen? I so mad that a company can't put it on the label like they a suppose to. The can Chicken Soup food my dog eats wasn't recalled well RIGHT NOW, but who knows if it will tomorrow!!
          The companies are saying OH OUR foods are safe then they turn around and recall!! THIS IS NUTS!!!!! Sure we are angry, we just don't know what to do.

Comment

I don't see this listed on the AVMA site yet, but they have added Dr. Foster & Smith brands and Diamond today - so check there as well!

http://avma.org/aa/menufoodsrecall/default.asp#products

Comment

"American Nutrition continued by telling us that they added this ingredient to four of our canned products without our knowledge or consent." This is from Natural Balance's website.

If this doesn't make us lean towards the few small companies who actually manufacture their OWN products themselves, I don't know what will. Wysong & Merrick, here I come.

Comment

Scary

But even the small companies that manufacture the products themselves may have bought some supplements from another local company that bought something from elsewhere that came from another country.

I read that even with human foods only about 1 percent of imports are able to be checked, and then not tested for unknown substances, just eyeballed generally, due to the huge volume.

I guess to really be safe one should organically grow ones own meat and veges for one's family.
                Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

yup i guess so....no more room for the dogs to run and play in the backyard...i have a chicken coop,rabbit hutch,turkey pen, etc etc...PLUS the garden area for growing my veggies...oh yeah i have to butcher all these chickens too for the liver. all these animals are for my dog food PLUS my food...oh no gotta watch out so my neighbors dont see me butchering poor lil animals! geez! this is getting friggen redicoulous!
                  my cat eats innova evo dry....and merrick canned. i would just switch him to an all canned diet but hes such a friggen kibble hound its not even funny! he will go and TELL everyone that no one gave him the proper amount of kibble in his dish...jeez...
                  Hound
                  ps. no i dont actually raise animals for dog food.

Comment

I am getting very annoyed with the recalls. Everytime I try something else it's being recalled! I just bought Chicken Soup for my picky chow yesterday. He only ate half. He seems to be ok right now but this recalling **** is getting old. They need to remove all dog food and start over. I really don't know how they work it but they need to do something fast. We will be at a point that we will be making our own and I don't have that kind of time between 2 jobs and my side job.

Comment

What to do?

Originally posted by Plexi View Post
                      Well now Chicken Soup I thought WAS a great food, no wheat or corn gluten or rice protein concentrates. What happen? I so mad that a company can't put it on the label like they a suppose to. The can Chicken Soup food my dog eats wasn't recalled well RIGHT NOW, but who knows if it will tomorrow!!
                      The companies are saying OH OUR foods are safe then they turn around and recall!! THIS IS NUTS!!!!! Sure we are angry, we just don't know what to do.
                      Did you sign the petition to the FDA that I posted yesterday. It is on page 2 now. Everyone is so upset about the dog food recalls but posts about a matted dog got double the reponse. Now I'm mad. This is a petition that Senator Dick Durbin put togetherto try to force some change. One person may not be able to make a difference but many people can. please sign that petition and then cross post to everyon eyou know...thank you, Laura

Comment

this is nuts but its just the wet food, but still not good. when is all the recall going to stop, this is why you should watch what u feed ur dogs. and see where they make it.

Comment

I just spent an hour this morning at the pet store trying to figure out which food I want to take a chance with. Since my dog needs to be on can foods, I can't go with the Life Abundance, it sounds like a great food. I went with the new can Wellness 95% just meat, 5% water, NO grains. Made by Old Mother Hubbard.
                          And I bought a can of Eagle Pack Holistic Duck & Chicken with oatmeal, no other grains.
                          There isn't too much to choose from, there was Merrick, Innova, EVO, California Natural and Solid Gold. I want to know WHERE these companies make their foods at!!! This was VERY hard and gave me a BIG headache!!

Comment

Me again, I just got a letter from Wellness company saying their new 95% can foods are for imtermittent or supplemental feedings only, great for a topper for your dry foods. GREAT>>>>>>.back to the pet store!!

Comment

Originally posted by goldiphlox View Post
                              Did you sign the petition to the FDA that I posted yesterday. It is on page 2 now. Everyone is so upset about the dog food recalls but posts about a matted dog got double the reponse. Now I'm mad. This is a petition that Senator Dick Durbin put togetherto try to force some change. One person may not be able to make a difference but many people can. please sign that petition and then cross post to everyon eyou know...thank you, Laura
                              You probably wont get "responses" like you would like, because there was nothing to respond to in the post itself, people just went to the petition website, etc...

Don't worry, people are seein' it.

Tammy in Utah
                              Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Working...
                              X