Water contaminated in my town!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water contaminated in my town!!

Well I wrote in my last thread that I am burning out. Today I had to cancel all of my appts. because my father was rushed to the hospital last night and I got home late and then went back this morning.
    Thank God I canceled everyone. While I was at the hospital this morning we heard that the towns (Spencer,MA) water supply had been contaminated with Sodium Hydroxide. If I had worked today by the time we found out we would have been done bathing all the dogs! Imagine the dogs and us getting burned?! What a nightmare, I had to cancel everyone for tomorrow too.
    What a week, nothing but bad news. But the good news is my father is doing a little better, and no one was hurt at my salon today.

Glad to hear your Dad is doing better. Is he still in the hospital?

Sometimes bad things (your Dad going to hospital) turns into good things, no one getting hurt at the salon.

Do they know how your water supply got contaminated?
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Comment

My dad was released last night. He is still sick, but glad to be home. He is feeling a little better.
      They don't know if the water contamination was mechanical error or human error. Still waiting to find out. They are now saying we could be without water for another 1-2 days.

Comment

Wow, that's really scary! I hope everything gets better for you soon. Take this time off to relax as best you can and have a mini vacation. Remember the Lord works in mysterious ways. Go buy some Poland Spring and lay on your couch all day!
        Erin
        No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

Yes, I am trying to take it easy right now. I know that next week I will have to make up for all this! The town is giving us free bottled water, which helps. They think that we will be all set tomorrow. Still not sure if I can open tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by lbboop99 View Post
            Yes, I am trying to take it easy right now. I know that next week I will have to make up for all this! The town is giving us free bottled water, which helps. They think that we will be all set tomorrow. Still not sure if I can open tomorrow.
            Didja tell 'em you needed a BATHER to wash all these dogs with the bottled water they supplied? LOL, too bad it can't get back all the money you've lost.

I'm sorry about your dad and I hope he will be alright. That would be my worst nightmare, my daddy being rushed to the hospital.

Take a break and enjoy it, at least you have a GOOD EXCUSE!!!

Tammy in Utah
            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Thank you for the well wishes. I am able to re-open tomorrow. I am able to file a claim with the town's insurance company for loss of business. We'll see what happens.
              I am glad I got most of the week off but I am soooo tired from all the stress. Getting the call about my dad was the worst. He is only 58. My family is still trying to get back to normal. Normal is nice!

Comment

Family first!

Lori, my Dad is a dialysis patient and a diabetic who uses a walker and can't see well so he doesn't drive. I tell all my clients this right up front because there have been times when I've had to cancel appointments on the day of. I have some of the greatest,most understanding clients!!

(And the ones who think this is an imposition---don't need them anyhow!!)

Comment

Working...
                X