H-42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-42

I've been using the H-42 blade cleaner for a couple months now and it's worked just fine.

Opened up a new bottle the other day and every blade that I used it on, went to ****. They were leaving lines on the dogs, or they wouldn't cut at all. They started making this high pitched metal on metal noise.

So I cleaned all those blades again with soap and water (because I didn't have any other cleaner) and oiled them all after. They work great now.

I don't dare use that H-42 again. Maybe it was a bad batch or something and another bottle would be fine. But I'm dumping the bottle I have now.

It was really strange... I hate when things like that happen...
    Becky

Uh oh...I just bought a jar of it from NJ. We'll see. Since I've been at my current job, I haven't cleaned my blased in ages. My boss NEVER does so I guess I sorta picked that bad habit up from her.

Comment

Hmmmmmm

I've been having trouble with my blades last few days, tried everything I know to remedy but no luck. I just recently started using the H-42. Didn't make a connection until now, maybe there is there something I'm not doing to use it correctly?

Comment

Are you completely getting the H-42 OFF the blades after you're done cleaning them? It's not a lubricant and must be blown off with the HV or somehow cleaned off the blades before oiling. I have had no problems with it.

Tammy in Utah
        Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
          Are you completely getting the H-42 OFF the blades after you're done cleaning them? It's not a lubricant and must be blown off with the HV or somehow cleaned off the blades before oiling. I have had no problems with it.

Tammy in Utah
          I didn't know you had to clean it off the blades. I lay them on a towel and then oil the next day. I haven't had any problems, but I don't do it every day like I suppose to either, once a week. That's how often the lady that taught me to groom cleaned her blades, I must have picked up her habit. I have tried to learn to do it more often but I get lazy, shame on me.
          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
          Diane

Comment

I've been using some stuff I got at Hershy if I remember correctly. Its pink and smells good, and seems to work well. I don't know where to get more though, I don't see it on any of the petedge/dog.com/groomerschoice/etc sites. Does anyone know, or do I need to wait until I can get to a grooming show?

Comment

As with any blade cleaner it needs to be wiped off once you are done. A couple of questions 1) are you just soaking the blades and using a brush to clean them or using a clipper to run it in the wash or just soaking them? 2) are you letting the blades sit over night to dry? If you don't get the junk off the blade that the h-42 has loosened up it will dry again and form a sheath on the cutting edges of the teeth and create a barrier between the blades so the teeth won't touch.

Make sure you get in the groove of the cutter blade well and dry and oil well. If you have not seen the blade cleaning on our site check them out. They go trough cleaning with a clipper and by hand.

Blades are two piece of metal running together at high speed and need to be oiled often and cleaned everyday to keep them in top shape.

Tim
              Tim Love............... Love's Sharpening
              123 A Hwy 80 E., #3

Clinton, MS 39056....phone: 601-529-1973

Comment

I thought it had lubricant in it and you weren't supposed to get every last drop off of it! I just wipe the excess off with paper towels. But I too have noticed the high pitched squeeling coming from my blades & just started the H42 about a month ago.

Blade Guyz??? Help!!

Comment

Yeah, I've cleaned them the same exact way as I did with my other bottle of H-42. I always wipe my blades with a towel afterwards and blow them off because I hate the oil feel of them after the cleaning.

That's why I think it was a bad batch or something.
                  Becky

Comment

It has some lube, but with any type of cleaner that removes gunk and oil, it does not replace oiling. The noise you are hearing is the blade guide getting too dry. This needs more oil than the blade. I run a bead along side of it and let it soak for a minute or more. Once the guide gets too dry it needs to be replaced. You hear this noise more often on blades cleaned with the coolants.

No cleaning or other all in one product can replace using oil. When you start to get all of the buildup off the blades the parts of the blade make better contact and then these noises can start. If you had been using spray cleaners in the past the blade guides may not get rejuvenated and need to be replaced.

Tim
                    123 A Hwy 80 E., #3

Comment

There is only 1 change I have made with this bottle of the cleaner and my last bottle. The last bottle I would pour some in a dish, turn my clipper on and stick the blade in that for a few seconds. With this new bottle I put it in a spray bottle and spray it onto my blades. I dry them off, blow them out and oil them like normal afterwards...
                      Becky

Comment

I clean and oil my blades each time I use them and have never had a problem with the H-42. I do, however, use the dip method and not the spray-on method. I don't know about the pink stuff-remember who you got it from? They may be able to direct you to the supplier so you can get more. I just hate finding a good product and not being able to find more of it

Comment

I spray mine too, but that's AFTER running them through the ultrasonic cleaner at work. Then Spray with H-42, let them sit for a few minutes while I make the shampoo up, then I blow it off TOTALLY with the HV dryer. Then oil, wipe excess off and they're ready to go.

Becky, sounds like you've got some debris caught in them, I would go back to running them in the cleaner, rather than spraying.

Tammy in Utah
                          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I was thinking about doing that Tammy. I was just thinking today after I made my last post that maybe I wasn't spraying good enough or long enough to get all the hair and stuff out...

Tomorrow I'm going to try to dip again and see how it works...
                            Becky

Comment

Are you not brushing off trhe blades first before you spray them? Any debris will soak up the H-42 so you are not really doign a good cleaning. I spoke with Mr. Hampton last night about this question and the directions do say to brush off any hair, etc. first before using. The directions on the containers are more for the barbers than groomers. When I explained more of what you all clip he thinks oiling after cleaning is a good idea.

Also he is sending me a letter to post on our site about what all H-42 can do, especially in the microorganism area!! Mr. Hampton and his family at Hampton products are really great people and produce a great product. You can order direct from them so you don't have to find a distributor. I do sell the H-42 too and have sent many bottles out with a mail in order for sharpening so that is another alternative. If you have any questions or comments about the H-42 line of products check out their website by going to www.thebladeguyz.com and click on their link. They also sell clipper oil that is great and comes in a suntan lotion size bottle. I just refill my smaller bottles with it. Their oil is a little thicker so it stays on the blade longer.

Tim
                              123 A Hwy 80 E., #3

Comment

Working...
                              X