POLL: Creative Grooming Contest Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: Creative Grooming Contest Online

We're thinking about having a Creative Grooming Contest at PetGroomer.com. Like the Before & After contests we have had.

You send a before picture and at least 2 after pictures. These cannot be pictures of your entries in prior contests, it must be a creative entry for this contest only.

How many would enter??

We could probably get at least a $250 cash prize, maybe more, and you would have a few months time. You will also get tons of bragging right because unlike contests at shows, we can display your winning entries for YEARS to thousands and thousands.

Please post replies to this question. Should we have a blo pen only contest, and then another for overall creative grooming?
    Yes
    84.85%
    No
    15.15%
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

I would enter it, sure, if I could find the right dog (and the time to do it!) but I would DEFINITELY enjoy seeing it here, voting maybe? Or I'd be happy if you voted, but just throwing out ideas....

GOOOD GOOOOOOD IDEA, Oz!!!

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

oh no restrictions!! let everyone use whatever their imagination will let them! oh this is fantastic!! I can't wait to see the creations!! bummer, I have a hairless chinese crested!!! hey? can I put a wig on her to dye? that'll be cool!! hehehe
      Last edited by hairdevil; 04-25-07, 07:28 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

What about us FL stylists?

I'd go for a creative grooming contest. Yes!

Thanks
        Erica
        Last edited by eli; 05-02-07, 11:57 AM. Reason: too long-just answer the question

Comment

If I had a dog to dye, the time to dye it and KNEW how to dye it, I probably would. Great idea. Especially with so many people on the forum.

Comment

I would like to see it but not enter myself.

I don't think I would have a ghost of a chance with some of the talent here and i don't have any volunteers. I would love to see others however. All I can do is put clothes (costumes ) on my Schnauzers, haha. Spikey-Toto should do a, guess what theme.Some of those st poodles would make a great Glinda, the good witch.

Comment

Originally posted by hairdevil View Post
              oh no restrictions!! let everyone use whatever their imagination will let them! oh this is fantastic!! I can't wait to see the creations!! bummer, I have a hairless chinese crested!!! hey? can I put a wig on her to die? that'll be cool!! hehehe
              Oh no, hairdevil is going to kill her Crested w/a wig!!! lol I hope you meant to dye a wig, not put a wig on her to die!! Got a early morning chuckle out of me!

In SC I just learned that there is a no coloring law also. I know there was a precident for this, but it is a little kookie to think I could go to jail for stenciling my dog or using food coloring to make her green. Does anyone know how stringent they are and what started these laws?

BTW, I would also enter. I know my dog would'nt be anywhere near to some of the others, but I think this would be a neat way for us that are newbies at grooming competitions to get our feet wet. Great idea mighty and powerful OZ....lol....
              SheilaB from SC

Comment

Fine Tuning the Contest Concept

I've had some PM's that I want to address here. This is an answer

IF we have this contest we would definitely look to this being a furthering of the concept of "art" of grooming. Although it is rare in public exhibitions of creative contests we want to make clear that we don't want pets used for a farce or off color joke or sarcastic design.

Sometimes when this has been done to pets in competitions it spoils the contest for others, so to be very clear, that we would be looking for artistic enhancement of pets. Obviously pets have feelings and we want to avoid negative or outrageous design statements where pets were used for shock and awe in a negative way, and to instead see pets enhanced in their beauty.

Of course, that's open to interpretation still. Anything that comes up that seems to risk the dignity of the pets involved would not be published. It really is a fine line that we will have to make the call here. That may not be easy but we can make the call and take the heat. Again, we would not be looking for designs that clearly are a farce, off color joke or sarcastic in nature...it's not really a comic contest but to see how creativity can enhance beauty of a well groomed pet. The winner will obviously be one who has also done a fine job of grooming as well as art.

So we can see the potential controversy and that is why we haven't done a creative contest as yet as doing one over the Internet vs. in public has potential pitfalls. We will make clear again that we will not be looking for the outrageous and sarcastic etc, but for a "touch of class" and beauty, if we do this contest.
                Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

I htink it would be greta to have on here. One thing though would be to avoid trademarked symbols as that could land the site in trouble. But I htink it would be a wonderful way for groomers to "try" out creative without all the ring pressure. You probably would be able to find some good judges both creative and non creative to judge the entries! By giving a long lead time it would allow entries a lot fo time to develop their theme!

I heard that the Pet Pro classic was going to be having an Invitational Creative which would be just presentation no grooming!

Comment

Heck yeah.. That would be great... I have a few clients who call me an "artist" because of how I make their dogs look. Especially my 2 Chocolate Standard Poodles I groom. They started out almost impossible to handle and now they are just about perfect statues. I do mohawks on them and dye the tips of them. They are working dogs and also visit kids. So the hair do is more for the kids sake then for their ranch life.
                    Becky

Comment

well well, I was only joking OZ..as usual. I would not enter a contest with my crested!! but she would look mighty fine in a blonde hair extentions with her pearl necklace I bought for her!! with a martini glass in front of her of course! lol I'm sure if I am able to find a dog..I would surprise the heck out of a bunch of ya!! nothing short on class and art with me! so there! now its a challenge, so let the games begin!!

Comment

This would be great. I would enter. What kind of time frame are we talking about, when do you think this will happen. Can it be something we do right now and enter when you have the contest or should we wait? I have lots of ideas and would want to try a couple and see which one I would enter if this is aloud? Let me know. What a great idea!!!!

Comment

Count me in!!!

This will be the perfect opportunity for me to try some creative stuff

Comment

Working...
                          X