slings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slings

Do any of you use the "senior" slings. The ones that support the hips. I was thinking about getting some for the big guys that are breaking my back.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

slings

You bet! They are a great item to have on hand. I don't do the big guys anymore, but they sure came in handy when I did. And I still have them on hand for the little dudes, too, sometime they can be a handful. I really like the T-strap from Hanvey. I also made a couple with adjustable rings, worked for my set-up, and still does.

Comment

I really like those T-straps too. They work great for holding the big dogs up. My biggest one broke recently, so today I used a luggage strap to hold my OES still. He insists on looking out the window behind himself and bending in half. He is weird, I can blow dry his head but he hates me blow drying his front legs.

Comment

I don't use slings but I have the Groomers Helper and when you set up the 2 extra bars with the noose across it does a great Job.. you can see it in a video on groomershelper.com
        "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
        Nancy

Comment

over 75% of my customers are large dogs. can't live w/o those slings. hanvey or romani makes them in all sizes. they are your second pair of hands.
          Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
          "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Originally posted by plushpuppy View Post
            I don't use slings but I have the Groomers Helper and when you set up the 2 extra bars with the noose across it does a great Job.. you can see it in a video on groomershelper.com
            I can't use the GH bar. My table is bolted to the floor and too close to the wall.

Comment

Would it be possible to use the Hanvey slings and other attachments on the petedge grooming arms. (The ones that have the eye hooks on the side arms and the two on the cross arm)?
              don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Yeah furry, it shouldn't be any problem. Just make sure to get some of the chains.

Comment

Originally posted by furrybestjob View Post
                  Would it be possible to use the Hanvey slings and other attachments on the petedge grooming arms. (The ones that have the eye hooks on the side arms and the two on the cross arm)?
                  That is the one I have. I am too poor to buy the real thing.

Comment

I don't much care for slings and try not to use one unless it's absolutely necessary. Actually, I don't use a sling, I use a second Groomer's Helper clamp on a second grooming arm on the other end of my table. And I only use it to control dogs who can sit faster than I can stand them back up again.

I also don't do very many big dogs, but for the old guys with bad hips, bad backs, etc. I just let them sit until I need them standing to work on their butts. Then I let them sit again. For a dog with a bad back or hips, even with the added support of a sling, I don't think they're very comfortable. It's better for them to sit, IMO.

Comment

I don't use a sling, as I too feel that the older dogs are more comfortable to just sit or lay down. I feel that the slings may put pressure in places that are not comfortable and if the hips are bad I am not sure it is comfortable letting their legs to hang, letting their hips come out of the sockets.

Not to mention I tend to feel that the slings would tend to be in the way and more cumbersome then they are worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                        I don't much care for slings and try not to use one unless it's absolutely necessary. Actually, I don't use a sling, I use a second Groomer's Helper clamp on a second grooming arm on the other end of my table. And I only use it to control dogs who can sit faster than I can stand them back up again.

I also don't do very many big dogs, but for the old guys with bad hips, bad backs, etc. I just let them sit until I need them standing to work on their butts. Then I let them sit again. For a dog with a bad back or hips, even with the added support of a sling, I don't think they're very comfortable. It's better for them to sit, IMO.
                        But would it be easier on my back when I have to do sanitary areas? I don't think I would want the dog in it the whole time, but just when I need to do the back end and with having a pinched nerve in my back, I can't hold them fatty's up.

Comment

YES, I got mine from Hanvey engineering.

Comment

Working...
                          X