What my doctor said (long/funny)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What my doctor said (long/funny)

I have been trying to get pregnant for over a year and a half now, and have been going to an OB/GYN regarding this issue. Well, he is a dog lover and calls his dog his "best friend." We often talk about things dog-related, and I tell him interesting things from work about un-spayed/un-neutered dogs and the problems that it caused to these particular dogs.

Well, the other day I went again and I had to come immediately after work. We no longer live right around the corner from my work so I had to take Spike with me rather than dropping him off at home as I usually do.

So in walks the doctor. Spike, in his fancy little frilly "dog purse" sticks out his head and starts growling and lets out a bark. I could have died! Caught the doctor off guard too but he got a kick out of it (I got an OK from the receptionists first, they assured me Dr. N would love it). Spike barks only when he wants to introduce himself, but it sounds like he's going to bite your ankles.

So he pets Spike to let him know it's all ok, and then he tells me how he's brought his dog in (he owns this huuuuuge Women's Center clinic so he can do what he wants, lol) and did an ultrasound on her, as she was pregnant, etc. So I said, "You bring her IN the clinic, wow!" To which he said he sometimes does, but sometimes leaves her in his truck. She's a large mix.

I told him I don't EVER leave Spike in the car because his breed (yorkie) is one of the more commonly stolen dogs, often for drug money. He was shocked and said, (LOL), "I could never steal someone's dog. That's LOWER than stealing someone's kid!"

This coming from an OB, LOL.

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

LOL

That's the kind of doctor I want, too!!!!!!!

Comment

Tammy, that's a funny one! LOL

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulty. I was a surrogate several years ago, and was on a message board for surrogates. All those women trying to get preggo for other people.. pretty funny.. but anyway..

try going out on the town, get drunk and go dancing, then make sweet love to your SO.. it works for teenage girls, why not you? (Some of the surros did that, and it worked like a charm! .. well, minus the "sweet love" of course ).

Comment

Originally posted by diemonster View Post
        Tammy, that's a funny one! LOL

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulty. I was a surrogate several years ago, and was on a message board for surrogates. All those women trying to get preggo for other people.. pretty funny.. but anyway..

try going out on the town, get drunk and go dancing, then make sweet love to your SO.. it works for teenage girls, why not you? (Some of the surros did that, and it worked like a charm! .. well, minus the "sweet love" of course ).
        ROFL, you're a blunt one, lol.

Actually, I don't drink, so that wont be happening, but we're not overly worried to be honest. If we don't have kids, we have other things in life that make us happy. I always tease my husband, "Let's not have kids and just raise yorkies." He's gotten to where he jokes about it too!

Ironically, I also tell myself how unfair it is that these ding dongs can go out and get pregnant without a hitch!! Freakin' frackin' schmackin rassa frassin'...

Tammy in Utah

Comment

Funny doctor you have there Tammy. I should get his name, but I don't go to the doctor until I'm deathly ill.

Stop trying to get in the family way, that's when it will happen!!!
          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
          Diane

Comment

well Tam, ya know I think the world of you and all,,but...ain't gonna be no darn surrogate nuthin! rofl If I had it to do over, instead of 3 kids I would have a yard/house full of Afghan Hounds!!! (don't know which would be worse actually, but nevertheless I would be very busy anyway!) LOL

Comment

Ok, I've gotten like 3 PM's so far about this getting pregnant thing so I'd like to thank all the folks who are kind and concerned. I also want to say, NO WORRIES, I have no clue what it is like to have kids and when I see other people's kids I kind of shutter at the thought of having my own, but everyone says "It's different with your own," and I've heard it so much I actually almost believe it.

But seriously, no kids = jumping right into a grooming business. I always have a back up plan and like I said above, we have other things that keep us happy. I was happy before I got married, so being married didn't "make" me happy and having children wont "make" me happy either. I guess you could say it would just be adding joy on top of joy, because I really do have a good, happy life.

Diane (Pixie), no worries there, we are not all worried about it. It's an issue that is really very common, that's all (PM me if you want the dirty details).

Love y'all muchly!

Tammy in Utah

Comment

My Mom Had to Drink Cream To Gain Weight...

It took six years to get me after the mistake she had by having my sister...just kidding. It did take her nearly six to get pregnant with me. She had to gain a few pounds. Are you underweight? I know you are small. My mom was tiny. I ended up her loyal loving daughter and my sister was never around for her. Ya'l know we were very close.Maybe you need to gain a few pounds. They say when people adopt, then they get pregnant with their own.If She could have had more, she would have, just never happened. I guess once she reached perfection with me, God couldn't top that! Haha.In the meantime, nuttin wrong with Yorkies. I tell Halle she was a special order just made perfect for me. I believe that too.One of these days we are goona get an announcement from you, you will see.And it won't be a Yorkie.

Comment

Great doctor

Fun, and with Spikey announcing. My Coonhound likes to put in 2 cents sometimes and scares the bejeebies out of some people. I have to explain.

I like those little purse type carriers enough that I've had to convince myself not to get a tiny dog just to enjoy the fun of all the new wonderful products they have for the tinies.

Great that you feel you do or don't have children, there are pluses either way. One thing if you don't is you'll always have more money, lol.
                  Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Gracy goes to my family doctor with me all of the time. I don't see an OB since I am spayed.

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
                      "I could never steal someone's dog. That's LOWER than stealing someone's kid!"

This coming from an OB, LOL.

Tammy in Utah
                      This is so funny!

I've had 2 people say some pretty outrageous things to my face. Hubby was there both times and was schocked. First time I was at an agility trial with the baby, and a woman came up and said, "Oh how cute! Almost as cute as a puppy." And walked away totally serious! Now before I had my own, I'd probably have agreed, but would NEVER have said that to the mother!!!

Next time a woman came up with a puppy in her arms and said to the dog, "Look, a baby just like you....well, not JUST like you, she has no hair." Unbelievable.
                      Erin
                      No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

try going out on the town, get drunk and go dancing, then make sweet love to your SO.. it works for teenage girls, why not you? (Some of the surros did that, and it worked like a charm! .. well, minus the "sweet love" of course ).[/QUOTE]

Worked for me and my hubby even though we wern't trying...lol... We went out w/friends and I got pretty smashed. Came home to get romantic and I actually remembered to use my Conceptrol (contraceptive cream). Long story short, the next morning I was sitting on the potty holding my head and moaning w/the hangover when I looked to my left and saw in the garbage can, not the wrapper to the Conceptrol, but the wrapper to Monistat 7!!! Can you say OOOOOPPPS!!! Yup, 3 weeks later I found out I was going to have a monistat baby!!
                        SheilaB from SC

Comment

Originally posted by sheilabgroomer View Post
                          Worked for me and my hubby even though we wern't trying...lol... We went out w/friends and I got pretty smashed. Came home to get romantic and I actually remembered to use my Conceptrol (contraceptive cream). Long story short, the next morning I was sitting on the potty holding my head and moaning w/the hangover when I looked to my left and saw in the garbage can, not the wrapper to the Conceptrol, but the wrapper to Monistat 7!!! Can you say OOOOOPPPS!!! Yup, 3 weeks later I found out I was going to have a monistat baby!!
                          Oh my. The only thought I have is...TMI!! (Too Much Information!!)

Once again, I'll stick with my rootbeer, lol.

Tammy in Utah

Comment

Originally posted by sheilabgroomer View Post

Worked for me and my hubby even though we wern't trying...lol... We went out w/friends and I got pretty smashed. Came home to get romantic and I actually remembered to use my Conceptrol (contraceptive cream). Long story short, the next morning I was sitting on the potty holding my head and moaning w/the hangover when I looked to my left and saw in the garbage can, not the wrapper to the Conceptrol, but the wrapper to Monistat 7!!! Can you say OOOOOPPPS!!! Yup, 3 weeks later I found out I was going to have a monistat baby!![/QUOTE]

Hahahahaha that is sooooooooooooo funny!

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
                              Oh my. The only thought I have is...TMI!! (Too Much Information!!)

Once again, I'll stick with my rootbeer, lol.

Tammy in Utah

After I posted I kinda thought the same thing. Ah well, we are all adults here....well mostly adults....lol
                              SheilaB from SC

Comment

Working...
                              X