Fat Pets _tv show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Pets _tv show

this is on right now on animal planet...is anyone else watching this? did you SEE the size of that rottie? and the king charles! MY GOD!
    im horrified!
    Hound

I saw it. The cav was big but that rott. OMG I don't think i've ever seen anything that fat

Comment

Dang, I missed it. I do groom a mix though that can hardly walk he is so fat. I imagine they could put him on the show.
      Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I didn't get to see the show, but my brother's beagle is sooooooo fat, she looks like she went to a head shrinker! LOL!!

Comment

yes! the lady said she fed her king charles everything she eats he eats, even CHOCOLATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Woof_x_2 View Post
            I didn't get to see the show, but my brother's beagle is sooooooo fat, she looks like she went to a head shrinker! LOL!!
            ROFL. that is soo funny...not the fat dog, but the head shrinking thing.Omg.........I used to have this dalmation that would come in. everyone called it the cow. this dog was sooo fat.....how fat was it? it was sooo fat we would watch the man walk the dog on the street. the dog would walk a few steps and sit...the guy would tug....walk a few steps and sit... repeat tugging...it was actually really sad to watch. the dog was 3. when we tried to talk to the man he would not listen. we told him he was killing his dog with kindness. he said the vet told him the same thing. and let me tell u he says, u are both wrong. he says this is an english bred dalmation. they are big boned. they are this size because their job was to run next to the firetruck and keep everyone at a distance.....blah....blah... I said that dog can't even walk.......he's definitely not running anywhere! I mean if u put three dals side by side that was like how wide this dog was!

Comment

Sad

Most people see my GSP Roo and think she's too skinny, when in fact she's extremely fit! My vet says about 90% of the dogs he sees are overweight to one extent or another, anywhere from afew pounds to morbidly obese. In the 27 years I've been taking my dogs to him, he's never once said any of them needed to lose weight. People seem to think food=love......... too bad they don't realize that their dogs would really rather go for a walk.

Comment

I saw it and I was appalled. Absolutely disgraceful that anyone should let their dog get that FAT! It is sooooooo unhealthy for the dog.

Comment

sick and sad!

It was so obvious that there were many larger issues in these people's lives that they felt over-feeding their dog would solve. The rotties owners were both unemployeed and on disability, the cav.'s owner is divorced w/ major health issues. I am disappointed with t.v. putting these people on display for us all to shake our heads over, stop and see the train wreck time and feel better about ourselves. As sad and wrong as it is, it is still better than setting their pets on fire or starving them to death I guess.

Comment

I haven't seen the show but I hope they stress the general dangers of obesity and I hope the show doesn't encourage stupid people to try and get their pets on it. I am horrified on a regular basis when I see many of the overweight dogs out there.
                    The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. ~Nelson Henderson

Comment

I was thinking the same thing as Blue.

When I lived in Korea (sorry I always talk about Korea), they made fun of us Americans about how "fat" we are. Of course, they are pretty much correct----when even our DOGS are fat.

Spike is at quite a good weight, closer to skinny than anything, but definitely not fat! And I wont let him get that way.

Tammy in Utah
                      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

well im assuming to be on tv that you would need the owners permission to tape them correct? also....im sure EVERYONE has SOME sort of problems going on in their lives...and not EVERYONES pets are overweight and obese! it was stated that the 1st rottie (the 203 lb bitch) was in place of not having children...and they didnt believe that she was overweight! the 2nd rottie had a knee replacement and they started walking and cut out treats altogether. the cavalier the lady put on a diet, threw away the treats, and started training with the dog..now she is the dominent member of the pack. and the cat had a slow metabolism which is why he wasnt loosing weight on the diet food.
                        personally the ONLY person who's wrong on that show is the 1st rottie owner. the other 3 owners all got HELP for their animals.
                        JMHO
                        Hound

Comment

He's not fat!..... Oh yes he is!!!!

I just saw a few minutes of it today. How many people did it take to put that rottie in the tub, 4? He was a chunker alright. Man did that owner get pissed when the bather was telling her to watch his diet! Excuse me! How could you not know that you're raising a furry rollie-pollie?

Comment

I have a customer with a yorkie. He's soooo fat he's got that giant butt roll thing going on. where you have to lift up the roll to shave his legs.......you know what I mean right? anyway I tried and tried to tell her he needed a diet. it's like talking to the wall. one day when she came in I started singing....He's rolly polly ralphie...he's short and fat and round....well if looks could kill, i'd be dead!lol

Comment

I prefer the song, short fat and squatty, all butt and no body....

Comment

Working...
                              X