Recirculating Bath System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recirculating Bath System

Who in here uses a recirculating bath system?

How exactly does it work?

Because all the info I can find on them makes it seem like it sucks up the dirty water and reuses it. I'm thinking, that that can't be right. Who would use dirty water to wash a dog?!
    Becky

If soap is doing it's job, it is ok to recirculate the water---so long as the dog doesn't pee in it, lol. Your dishes and laundry are cleaned in recirculated water, then rinsed, I do believe, so it is no different.

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

The Why ...to use a system

Curtis just posted a great answer to your question on another thread...

go to the Mobile board....find the thread by Mommabear titled "finger scrub" go to page 3... the post is there.

the post gives you the why and why not...clears things up about the myths of this kind of system.

Comment

the way my system works. i fill the tub with just enough water from the fresh fill. i add shampoo and wash the dog with the recirculating hose. i open that drain ( there are 2, when i open the tub drain it goes into the gray tank, the drain simply allows the water to be recirc) and rinse the dog with fresh water. when i disinfect the tub, i take a minute to fill the recirc line with fresh water and drain out the dirty. water from one dog does not touch the next dog.
        Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
        "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Chuck Simons (of Groomers Helper) said something that made sense, that is if I understood him correctly. Instead of filling the tub and recirculating the water, fill up a 5 gallon bucket and stick the system in there, but hose off the dog in the tub, so you only have fresh water. Hope this makes sense, as I don't have a recirculating system, so I'm only going by what I think he said.

Tammy in Utah
          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

just to reiterate. dirty water goes into the gray tank. fresh clean water is used on all dogs. the only thing to remember is to switch out he dirty water left in the hose for clean when you disinfect the tub. you should not drain out the water so as the pump is left dry as that could damage it. there are 2 hose lines in the tub. as i am filling the recirc line with fresh, i am draining the dirty into the gray tank.
            Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
            "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Working...
            X