Homemade Pet Treats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade Pet Treats

With all the pet foods going south with problems, my customers are very concerned about pet treats now.

In the past we have been known to make homemade doggie treats. I don't do it often but now my customers more and more are requesting that we make these treats. So I guess why not make the $$ and know the dogs are getting a good healthy treat. I just called our agricultural dept for our state and it's only $40 to test each recipe. Not bad and the profits are endless.

Go for it and good luck with it.

Comment

I too have started making all my own treats. No more treats for the grooming dogs either. I have made special treats for grooming clients in the past like at Christmas made cute little shapes as such, but for my own dogs I just spread it on a cookie sheet bake and break it up into pieces.

Scoop

Comment

For treats in my shop I'm in the same boat, so I bought a very LARGE container of animal crackers at Sam's Club. Dog's love them too.

Comment

I also only give animal crackers to my dog and to customers dog. Less fat and junk in them. The dogs love them and if I get hungary I can eat from the treat jar too!!! Way cheaper as well. Dollar stores have 2 lb bags in plain and colored ones!

Comment

Now that is a GREAT idea and it beats making them for all my clients. Of course my boys will still get home made ones, but not everyone. Thanks for the idea, I'm buying some this weekend.

Scoop

Comment

I would like to start making treats for my shop, however my mom has tried it and all her treats need to be refirgerated or they will mold. what receips are you guys using, how long do you bake them, where do you store them, ect... Any help would be greatly apprecated.

Comment

I think that the animal cookies is a great idea. I would never have thought about it!
                Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Working...
                X