best shot vs les pooch leave in conditioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best shot vs les pooch leave in conditioner

i have been looking for a replacement to THE STUFF which i loved quite a bit. based on rec's from this post i bought some best shot ultra vitalizing leave in conditioner and compared it to les pooches hypo creme rinse, which diluted 10 to 1 is a leave in conditioner. the results:
    1. customers noticed a difference when using les pooch, but not best shot.
    i personally did like both.
    2. cost
    best shot is about $25 per gallon ready to use
    les pooch is $46 a gallon, but is diluted 10 to 1
    who would of thought les pooch would be more economical
    3. les pooch is hypoallergenic, light and no scent
    best shot is not hypo, but light and has a very heavy scent and has a sunscreen.
    in my estimation i will be using les pooch
    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

I actually use both:-) I use Best Shot when the dog has a full undercoat that needs to be raked out. LesPooch's, I use as a Hot Oil Treatment (pop in Microwave for 10-15 seconds undiluted, leave on for 10 minutes and rinse).

Comment

I like that

What a good idea, to use it warmed up.
      I will do that.
      I am always taking my calculator and figuring out the price per diluted gallon.
      Its kind of surprising sometimes.

Comment

normally if i felt both products were good, i would keep both and pick and choose which i needed, but in the case of best shot, the odor is too strong for me.
        "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Eqyss creme rinse

I tried a simple of EQyss Premier Creme Rinse and was very impress by them. I think they are as good as Les pooch cream Rinse or maybe even better. Not sure about the cost, they both are expensive stuff. Anyone loves Eqyss better than Les pooch and best shot?

Comment

I LOVE the Les Pooch Conditioner! I use it on my own hair!
            Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I use the Best Shot Ultra Plenish conditioner and have been debating on trying the spray on/leave in. What does it smell like? Does it smell like the conditioner?

Comment

I have never used either product. Would you spritz it in clean, towel dried hair before brushing, or how do you use it?

Comment

i am very sensitive to, in particular those that had a "chemically" smell. the only way i can describe it. either way it is in a spray bottle. after i finish toweling off the dog , i spray it over the dog and with my hands rub it in.

Comment

here you go

The premier in petedge is 41.99
                    makes eleven gallons. Thats about four dollars a gallon.

The Les Pooche is 60.00 a gallon and I don't have the dilution here
                    but I did figure it when the bottle was in the house.
                    Its 5.45 when done. Well worth it to me. It lasts a long time.
                    I know they take off of the price if you only buy gallons from them,
                    so that would factor off the price too.
                    I generally use the conditioning shampoo, and you don' t even need
                    conditioner on most of them.
                    It come to 4.00 a gallon when mixed.

I don't know what shipping is for either company on a gallon. That would
                    add into the price.

Comment

What can I say I am a Les Poochs gal all the way. I prefer it over anyhting else. I say go for it!

Comment

I've used both, and I am a Les Pooches addict. (never tried the esq..whatever)

I'm going to have to try warming the hypo conditioner.

Comment

I prerfer best shots but les pooches smells soooo much better.I bought a les pooches brush I don't care for it it.

Comment

Originally posted by happy trails View Post
                            I prerfer best shots but les pooches smells soooo much better.I bought a les pooches brush I don't care for it it.
                            Oh I looooove my les pooches brush. I got the blue tipped one free last year at Intergroom as a parting gift from the poodle comp. The free stuff was definitely worth 1st time competing and getting my butt whooped.

Comment

Originally posted by RevWind View Post
                              Oh I looooove my les pooches brush. I got the blue tipped one free last year at Intergroom as a parting gift from the poodle comp. The free stuff was definitely worth 1st time competing and getting my butt whooped.
                              I bought the red one maybe I didn't get the right one.They suggested it for small drop coated dogs the brush is only about 2 1/2 inches wide and it way to flexable takes to long to brush them out with it.I can use a regular slicker brush and be done in half the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X