Shop Flooring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop Flooring

My shop floor is now 7yrs old, it's a light colored linoleum. It's not in bad shape but it's slippery in the winter time so I have to put down rubber carpet matts. I want something different, easy to clean, non-slip, non-scratch, will stand the deed of time. I don't want tile of any kind. Any ideas?

First off you might want to invest in a dehumidifier from Lowes. I run mine in the winter, if I didn't none of the dogs would dry. Whenever I see condensation starting on the windows, I crank on my dehumidifier.

I have a purple/grey commercial tile on my floors. Easy maintainance as long as you have about 4 coats of wax on it so the doggie messes don't absorb into it.

Comment

Have you considered painting the concrete floor with non-skid concrete paint? I know some shops do.

Comment

In the back of my shop is concrete and it was painted. We are repainting it now we added a bag of play sand into the 5 gallon tub of paint, it added texture and made a pretty look.

Comment

I also have had my shop 7 yrs now and have epoxy paint with sand mixed in........however......I have overtop of this 2x2 foot interlocking rubber squares that can be floor scrubbed and washed with no problem.It's warm in the winter and easy on my feet all year. The most damage they receive is from nails of dogs that run around the shop(little pokes but no damage)

Comment

Originally posted by Allan View Post
            I also have had my shop 7 yrs now and have epoxy paint with sand mixed in........however......I have overtop of this 2x2 foot interlocking rubber squares that can be floor scrubbed and washed with no problem.It's warm in the winter and easy on my feet all year. The most damage they receive is from nails of dogs that run around the shop(little pokes but no damage)
            Got photos? I can't even imagine what these little rubber squares look like, and the image in my head doesn't seem very "clean-able" lol. So I must have a wrong image in my head, lol.

Tammy in Utah
            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Tammy..............
              You can get them at Home Depot(or the likes of) and you can get them in colors or all black.I don't know how to do picture stuff on the computer yet!

Comment

Allan, I have them in my mobile. I have a love/hate relationship with them. They are great for my feet, nothing breaks when you drop it, ie. shears, clippers and blades. But I don't like the way they look, they are black and even when they are clean they don't look clean.

Comment

Rugs

We did my garage and I couln't go linolium over the whole thing, so opted for paint, and indoor outdoor throw rugs, in the eight by twelve size.
                  They cover almost everything but the outer foot or so, and vac. and bissel like iron, as the nap is super short, but I really like them.
                  They are at Minards for under 40.00. Nicely bound around the edges, and still heavy enough to lay and stay put. I have on in the front and one in the back where I work. IT smoothed the old floor well enough that I can roll my chair around on it if I want to.
                  Some day I would like to to tile or something, but not till the work will pay for it.

Comment

we used the tan color of quickcrete epoxy garage flooring kit, has the sprinkles of a few different colors, looks pretty cool!

Comment

That's a big plus in my flooring...........when I drop something,it doesn't get damaged!

Comment

One of the shops I worked at did a very strange gravel with polyurethane over it. It was stunning, but dogs thought they were outside if you catch my drift, and it was incredibly hard to clean

Comment

Working...
                        X