Salon Furniture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salon Furniture

Ok, I've been looking all over trying to find a reception desk that's not $3,000, and I'm not very successful. Any ideas where I can get some nice looking stuff? I

'm also interested in waiting room stuff, but I think I can get most of that at Ikea. I thought they had affordable reception desks but can't find them on their website. I'll have to go over there tomorrow and have a look see.
    Erin
    No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Google "Furniture in a Box" and see what you find. It is inexpensive furniture that is made from particle wood board, but for what you're looking for it sounds like what you need at the right price.

Tammy in Utah
    Last edited by SpikeyTheYorkie; 04-14-07, 07:47 PM.
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Try Furniture Rental Companies!

My hubby works for one and I worked for his competitor for quite awhile. Often these companies will sell their furniture in a clearance showroom. CORT is a big name as is Aarons. You can find some nice furniture at great deals. The furniture comes in off of lease and is either too tired to re-rent, or is discontinued out of the line up. Either way, for a grooming reception area, you can get a good deal on real furniture. They can't rent particle board - it would not hold up through the wear and tear. Often times, they refurbish the product before they put it on the showroom floor.

Comment

Here in Texas

Here in Texas we have a newspaper called Thrifty Nickel, bargain paper, anyway, we furnished my reception and office waiting area for less than $500..This was furnitue from a hospital remodel and looks really nice. Check around. No telling what you might find..liz

Comment

Have you tried....

www.craigslist.com they've got a little bit of everything. Some even free.

Comment

Sam's Club has a lot of office furniture, desks, chairs, shelves. Their prices seem reasonable too. You can get a business membership at Sam's and apply for their credit.

Comment

What kind of desk do you want? I have had a couple that were kitchen cabinets that were bought from architectural salvage companies. We just put a new counter top on them.

Comment

countertop/desk

Thirty five dollars from Menards. Six or eight feet long.
                Just regualar kitchen countertop.
                On the back side of the window, my husband put a little shelf underneath, and I put all my office supplies under here. Also enough room to slide a small cage into if you need the space for a dog.
                Attached Files

Comment

I haven't been there yet but how about IKEA?

Comment

Originally posted by redbird View Post
                    Thirty five dollars from Menards. Six or eight feet long.
                    Just regualar kitchen countertop.
                    On the back side of the window, my husband put a little shelf underneath, and I put all my office supplies under here. Also enough room to slide a small cage into if you need the space for a dog.
                    RedBird, is that a home shop? Or a regular shop? Is there any way I can see more photos? I think it looks cute from the one photo you just posted, and I'm trying to get ideas for my own home shop I MAY have some day. Thanks!

Tammy in Utah
                    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

sally's beauty supply has a cute starter reception desks for 200.00 check it out..

Comment

Have you tried "cheaper" stores? Surplus stores, closeout stores, thrift stores, goodwill, etc?
                        Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

craigslist.com is where I bought most of my stuff, tubs, tables, I bought some like new 3 unfinished cabinets from this one guy for 100 dollars and he also had three more cabinets and an old antique linen closet, 200 for all. my older brother came down from oklahoma this weekened and he built a wall for me and built a big ole box over the cabinets with a tabletop on top so i can put counters on it, sorta in an S shape. the wood and rented tools was about 400 and took him a day to make it.

Comment

How about a glass display case that doubles as a counter? Then you can put items in the case for sale or just for show. Have you checked to see if you have a wholesale fixture company in town? We have several in CA (San Diego) they have new and used display fixtures.
                            I agree with others....Craigslist try going outside of your local area also. I found all my items to remodel and add 2 tubs to our self serve by checking the Los Angeles boards. Worth the 1 1/2 hour drive!!!!!
                            Thrift stores, swap meets. Do you have a bargain trader? Some salons (hair) will post going out of business sales. Surplus stores?
                            Happy hunting!

Comment

here are both photos

My husand is a welder not a carpenter, but this took
                              less than half a day, and was under a hundred for everything
                              on this partial wall, and gate.
                              Here are both pictures of the whole thing.
                              Yes this is a garage redo.
                              I opted for room to sit a cage and of corse the coffiepot for the
                              aroma. Plus a little cinamon onthe burner plate too.
                              Smells so nice when they come in.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X