Making your clients happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making your clients happy

Lately I've been quite booked up, and I expect it will only continue through summer. This is great news for me, but it has been hard on some of my clients who are used to making appointments a week in advance.

Because of this, I noticed that Sadie, Domino, Brindy, and a couple others hadn't been in, and their time was coming or past for their grooms. So I called the owners myself, found days I could squeeze the dogs in and made their appointments. The owners were grateful and really appreciated the phone call. One owner said, "I didn't know what I was going to do, I thought about cutting the hair myself." LOL, please don't do that to little Brindy, was my first thought.

My point is, sometimes we have to go out of our way and take the time to work with our clients---that one little small deed will hopefully carry me through with these clients for a long time to come.

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Totally Agree

Helping a client out can bring great benefits in the future. You said that to your gain that you have become rather busy. That is great.

Have you thought of putting in a policy that automatically will schedule ahead the dog for a grooming. You can call a day or two ahead to rmind them. Then the owner must bring it in on or before that date to recieve its reqgular groom price. If they change it or miss it then an additional charge per week will be added to the next grooming.

This will make it easier on you grooming and scheduling It will help to keep you busy during the "slow" seasons. It holds the client to some responsibility and most will see the benefit to their dog and to their pocket book.
    Those used to making appointments a week in advance should be understanding. I just made a doctors appointment today and he can not see me until May 30th.Almost 4 weeks out!

This will allow you to better estimate your future cashflow and needed labor. Plus if you do have cancellations a couple of simple phone calls will again fill up your days appointment book.

Comment

Dexy, thank you for the idea. I am not the most assertive of people (except over the phone, I was a bill collector once upon a time, LOL), so this would be a hard one for me to do. BUT, the idea will be filed in my head for when I get a few other things taken care of. I am thinking of hiring a bather but not sure how to approach my boss about it yet. One thing and one day at a time. lol...life is crazy at the moment.

I have, however, tried to get people to PRE-BOOK their next appointment, or get them used to it. It's easier for the older, retirees, widows, etc, because they don't have anything pressing on most days, and they can plan their appointments around Poopsie. I'm also fortunate that most of my older clients aren't so overprotective of their dogs that they are uncomfortable leaving them with me while they party it up with their other retired friends in the afternoon, lol.

Thank you again.

Tammy in Utah
      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Working...
      X