Devil dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devil dog

Got a call today from a lady that says she has a little miniature poodle that she calls the devil dog. She says the last groomer couldn't groom it. she kept babbling and I was really busy. She just kept saying its the devil dog. I asked if it was aggressive and if it bites. She said "no, shes not mean and has never tried to bite anyone. She just cries and whines and curls up in a ball and pulls her feet away." She said it just needs a bath, not a haircut. I asked if she was matted and the lady insisted that she isn't. Like I said, I was really busy. I had to get this lady off the phone. I didn't want to but I couldn't get rid of her so I gave her an appointment in a couple weeks. Then she says since it will be a couple more weeks she will need a haircut too. OMG!!! What have I done? I really should have told her "No, I'm sorry we don't do devil dogs". Wish me luck because apparently I'm going to give the Devil a haircut.

Must be related...

Well, I just did "the devil dog" of all time. 9 month old shih-tzu that had never been groomed. Husband dropped it off and said wife wants to keep most of the length..yea richt, I sent the pelt of matted fur home with hubby in a bag and told him to invest in a hairbrush...

Comment

Try not to worry to much about this. Don't let your imagination run wild. Half the time the owners are wrong, sometimes right. You'll have to wait and see. As long as that dog isn't trying to bite you, well, I'm good with that. I'd give it a whirl. Just try and ignore the negative behavior and praise the positive when you're grooming the dog.

If the dog is a PITA, just charge her fairly what your time and effort is worth to get the job done right. Maybe you can work with the dog to improve it's behavior during grooming as perhaps, it's had some not-so-good experiences in the past.
      www.gomobileandsucceed.com
      http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Jackie, your post made me laugh!! Next time someone presents a matted mess and wants to 'keep the length' I'll just smile and say "No problem, I'll have it all bagged up for you when you pick him up"!!!!!

Comment

eww I would rather do a biting dog anyday then a dog that cries and curls up into a tiny ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
            Well, I just did "the devil dog" of all time. 9 month old shih-tzu that had never been groomed. Husband dropped it off and said wife wants to keep most of the length..yea richt, I sent the pelt of matted fur home with hubby in a bag and told him to invest in a hairbrush...
            LOL LOL putting it in a bag to go....that's too funny!! I'll have to remember that!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X