What a dead week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a dead week!

I don't know what the heck is going on. Ever since Sunday I have done mabey 10 dogs! Where is everybody? Is anyone else having this problem? Our store is pretty new and I do know spring break just got over with. Mabey everyone if broke from vacation.?. I am going mad from bordom!

We were really starting to pick up, but then this week hit, and we have been a lot slower. Not ridiculously slow, but definitely slower than before Easter. I don't know about you but it suddenly got colder here right around Easter. I think that that had a lot to do with it. I say give it till May, then it will probably be crazy!
    Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I think people are more interested in getting their taxes done instead of their pets.
      "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
      Nancy

Comment

I"ve been a bit slower

and sort of enjoying it and sort of not. I think a lot of my non-prescheduled are waiting till a bit more reliably warmer for a shorter cut.
        Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

I've been experiencing the same thing here at my shop in FL. We have been slammed up until this week...and Saturdays are usually booked up for weeks but tomorrow I only have 4 dogs booked. Figures -- I just bought a new car and justified it by the fact that my business (open since Aug) has been doing so well this year!

Comment

I was really slow just before Easter too. In fact the 3 days before I didn't have one dog scheduled. It is doing a little better this week. I do have a couple of dogs every day, I only do about 3 dogs a day any how. So I pretty much on course here.
            "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
            Diane

Comment

Don't worry. They're all on their way back up north now. They've told me that all week. I guess I should start worrying.

Comment

I have totally given up on trying to figure it out. We haven't been slammed nor dead, kind of metiocre for a couple of months. I guess it is enough to get by, but not as busy as I would like...It will get horribly busy at some point I am sure, and then I will be happy to have mediocre back!

Comment

i am the slowest I have been in a long time. weve had rain & tornado warnings plus a cold front so.......but yuck, Ive got bills to pay LOL. On the plus side of things, its nice to relax! I got my taxes done, cleaned the shop TOTALLY, had my blades sharpened........lol

Comment

Originally posted by CountryCanines View Post
                    i am the slowest I have been in a long time. weve had rain & tornado warnings plus a cold front so.......but yuck, Ive got bills to pay LOL. On the plus side of things, its nice to relax! I got my taxes done, cleaned the shop TOTALLY, had my blades sharpened........lol
                    Relaxing & taxes........now that just doesn't make sense!!lol

Comment

Its been horrible! Today I did my regular 8 hour shift and had one pom who took me all of 40 minutes taking it sloooooow. At least I made about 50 big collar bows

Comment

Up until Easter, I was busy busy. I have done one dog a day since Monday. Ugh. Its times like these that I am happy I can rely on hourly pay.

Comment

we were covered up last week, it was the city schools Spring Break, this week, county schools are out and we were down about 30 dogs compared to last week. This whole year so far as been slower than last year or any other year. I think its econmical reasons, not weather. Lots of people are having a hard time. Even our Corvette plant is rumoring about the plant moving up north. That will take a bite out of business for me! ouch (I don't see it happening myself as wages here are cheaper than up north anyway)

Comment

Weird, I've been slammed. I'm booked out for at least 2 weeks. It started in january, and it hasn't slowed down.

Do you guys make phone calls to clients you haven't seen in a while? When I am having a slump, that is a great way to get people in. I did it once and boy did I have a great response. I made a whole 10 phone calls, and 7 of them either booked then or returned the call and booked with the receptionist. I just said, "Hi this is Tammy the Groomer at ____ ____ Animal Hospital, I'm just calling because I haven't seen Fluffy in a while, and I happen to have some openings on the books and thought I'd give you a call to see if you'd like to occupy one of those openings!" Or something like that. It worked!

Tammy in Utah
                            Last edited by SpikeyTheYorkie; 04-13-07, 06:32 PM.
                            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Working...
                            X