This "sharpoo" owner really annoys me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This "sharpoo" owner really annoys me

This sharpei (how do you spell that?) poodle mix comes in every few months to be shaved short all over. Nice enough dog and very thin fur so a very easy haircut that I charge enough for to make it quite worth it. What annoys me is the last couple times the owner has called she starts out the conversation with "Has *** gone out of business? She isn't answering her phone". She is referring to a groomer up the road who apparently just locks up when she goes out of town and doesn't answer her phone. I tell her I have no idea where *** is. So she wants an appointment with me to shave her dog. It just annoys me that I am obviously not the first groomer she has called. It's a simple shave down so I don't think its a skill thing. I think we are probably substantially more expensive then the place down the road. So yesterday as I was locking up the shop the phone rings. I see the caller ID and it is this woman. I let it go to the answering machine since it is after 5:00pm and I should have been gone anyway. This morning I go to check messages and she has called twice more. I call her back and the first words out of her mouth are "Do you know if *** has gone out of business? She's not answering her phone?" As usual, I tell her I have no idea where she is. She requests an appointment and I tell her my soonest is two weeks out and she takes it but asks me to call her if anyone cancels sooner since she lives very near by and can come at a moments notice. NOT!!!!! I'm already mad at myself for giving her an appointment at all. GGGGGRRRRR. How rude.

Take the money and laugh all the way to the bank! I had an annoying customer remind me for 6 years that we once cut one nail too short and it bled when the dog ran across the driveway!!!!!!!!!! 6 years!

Comment

Sharpoo?!? I'd love to see that....or not!

I agree with baddog, if the dog is easy and the money is good ...she hasn't asked YOU to lower the price, I wouldn't let it bother me.

Comment

Wow, that is very annoying, not to mention rude of that owner. Oh well, like baddog said, take the money and laugh!
        Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I've had the same thing happen, it's so annoying! After I opened my shop, I had a woman leave the petsomething I had been working at and come to me even though I had never groomed her dog there, my coworker had.

One day she needed her dog done faster than I was able to do. I said I'd do my best, and then she showed up 20 mins early on top of that. She stood there rushing me, while the dog danced away. Calls back 2 days later saying I missed a hair, and she never comes back, which I was not upset about.

About a month later, my ex-coworker had opened his own shop, but was having a hard time with zoning. This woman called and gave her full name that she never used, she always used a nickname before to ask if whatshisname was open yet? I can't get ahold of him, his voicemail is wacky. Then she'd talk to me for several minutes about what's going on with his shop, and how bad it is for business to suppoed to be open and he's not there, blah blah blah. I couldn't believe her. She did this a bunch of times, only once asked for an appt, but it was around the holidays and I was totally booked, thank God! I haven't heard from her in awhile, the other guy is lucky enough to have her as a regular customer.
          Erin
          No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

Originally posted by c.c. View Post
            Sharpoo?!? I'd love to see that....or not!

I agree with baddog, if the dog is easy and the money is good ...she hasn't asked YOU to lower the price, I wouldn't let it bother me.
            Not pretty! Kinda big shapeless dog with very thin, wavy, wirey gray fur that she wants stripped with a #5. All over, even the face, ears and tail.

Comment

If I decide that I am really done I'll say, "I wouldn't know, thanks for the call" and hang up. Don't usually do this but have a couple of times after knocking myself out for a couple die hard PIA's.

Comment

Originally posted by baddog View Post
                Take the money and laugh all the way to the bank! I had an annoying customer remind me for 6 years that we once cut one nail too short and it bled when the dog ran across the driveway!!!!!!!!!! 6 years!
                Baddog, that would have driven me nuts. "GET OVER IT ALREADY!! It's a FLIPPIN' FINGERNAIL FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!!" (toenail/fingernail, same diff!) I wonder if they ever clipped their baby's fingernail too short or something like that. I would have asked them that and then held it against them every time they brought up the dog toenail. lol...I just hate that.

I had a lady come in to book an appointment with me yesterday because this dog is "her child," and the groomer cut him and "just tried to cover it up" and this dog is my child, and the groomer cut him and tried to cover it up, and..." Get my point? I think she said it 5 different times, and I thought, "Great, if I have one little problem with this dog she's going to hold it against me for a hundred years.

Tammy in Utah
                Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
                  Baddog, that would have driven me nuts. "GET OVER IT ALREADY!! It's a FLIPPIN' FINGERNAIL FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!!" (toenail/fingernail, same diff!) I wonder if they ever clipped their baby's fingernail too short or something like that. I would have asked them that and then held it against them every time they brought up the dog toenail. lol...I just hate that.

I had a lady come in to book an appointment with me yesterday because this dog is "her child," and the groomer cut him and "just tried to cover it up" and this dog is my child, and the groomer cut him and tried to cover it up, and..." Get my point? I think she said it 5 different times, and I thought, "Great, if I have one little problem with this dog she's going to hold it against me for a hundred years.

Tammy in Utah
                  I am always sooo nervous doing dogs like that, especially since it seems that it's just inevitable that because I am sooo nervous about nicking her dog... I will!
                  Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Originally posted by rapuzzled View Post
                    I am always sooo nervous doing dogs like that, especially since it seems that it's just inevitable that because I am sooo nervous about nicking her dog... I will!
                    Exactly! I actually just totally relax because in my mind, she will just go somewhere else. She refused ( and I didn't ask ) to say who "cut" the dog before, so I wouldn't worry about her bad mouthing me, I just don't want her thinking I'm a dog fillet-er!

Tammy in Utah

Comment

I'll take a neurotic dog over a neurotic owner any day!

Comment

Rude people are not worth it

In my opinion, neurotic, rude people are just not worth my time. I mean I would never go into a business and be rude to the people there. Especially dog groomers or hairdresser! Don't they know we have 50 pairs of scissors on hand! jk I would never take it out on the dog. But over the years I have had several people that I have turned away, and I was much happier for it. One particular man comes to mind. He had 2 lhasas. They were actually nice dogs. But old. He never took care of their coats, but I would try leaving them as long as possible. So he brings Toby in for grooming. I did not groom him that day. The groomer had a very hard time doing Toby's face. He calls us 2 days later cursing and ranting that someone punched the dog in the mouth. he was gonna sue! I assured him that noone at our shop would do such a thing(oh and we did tell him when he p/u Toby that he was very hard to do face). So we don't hear from him again. Well, then about 3 wks later he calls to make an appt. for Mandy. How is Toby, I ask? He's fine he had an abcessed tooth. No apology! Mandy is 18 years old and matted to the skin. He says don't cut it short! I say she is too old to try and demat this. I will not put an old dog through that. Well he says whatever.....So I cut Mandy short..He's not happy but he goes on his merry way. A few months later, he makes an appt. for Toby. When he brings him in he tells me I killed Mandy. She never recovered from having her hair cut short!!! I had Toby in my arms. I looked at the groomer to the left, Do u want to groom Toby? NO......I looked at groomer to the right. Do u want to groom Toby? NO!! I handed Toby back and said take your dog, get out and don't ever come back. He looks at me with this confused look and says, "Well if that's how u feel, ok" Some people are just nuts!!!

Comment

Originally posted by goldiphlox View Post
                          When he brings him in he tells me I killed Mandy. She never recovered from having her hair cut short!!! I had Toby in my arms. I looked at the groomer to the left, Do u want to groom Toby? NO......I looked at groomer to the right. Do u want to groom Toby? NO!!
                          Well, if you "killed" Mandy, I can't understand why he'd be bringing Toby back to you, bunch o' dog killers and all. He sounds like he is mentally unstable or has dementia or something.

Tammy in Utah

Comment

dog killer

Maybe he was hoping the male would join her on the other side of the bridge, nothing else was working, bring him to the dog killer.
                            Deidre

Comment

Working...
                            X