scared for no reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scared for no reason

well, my husbands manager told me I could use his yorkie as a "practice dog". However he kept telling my husband how difficult the dog was and my husband told him I am new at to grooming so I think his manager was expecting a not so great groom. Well yorkie comes in his name is tuffy, lol. I was kinda nervous thinking this little dog was going to be a demon on 4 legs. The dog sat there still as a statue the whole groom!!! He was perfect. And I was shocked. I mean it, this dog was so perfect!! I just cant say it enough times, lol. And I think by the end of it he was adorable. They wanted him left long and everything, so that was simple, I have a rough time with feet, but I think I did ok this time. He said that they think last time he may have been sedated, I was like WHAT???!!! LOL. So I was nervous cuz they didnt even see him before they left, but they called a few minutes after they got home saying he was great and they are going to keep bringing him to me. Which I hope they do, cuz we worked good together, lol. Next time I am going to use a #1 guard comb on him tho cuz he swims during the summer. I am so excited, and thanx guys, cuz I looked alot of ur pics on here to get ideas of how to do it correctly!!! I am just so happy!!

I'm so glad to hear it went so well! That's such a boost when you expect it to go all wrong, and it turns out you were so wrong, and when the dog looks good to boot? Can't beat it! Congrats on a job well done.
    Erin
    No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

Good for you and congrats!

Tammy in Utah
      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Good Job!

I remember how nervous I was for my practical. Congratulations on it turning out so well!!

Comment

Good job Keachy. Its always nice when an owner warns you and the dog turns out to be great. BONUS.

Btw, for some reason, its not uncommon for owners to think their dogs have been sedated. I have no idea why but there are still many people who think that groomers are allowed to do this and just do it if its needed. Ive had owners ask if their dog was sedated for grooming and if I press them to see why they would think that, they say its because the dog went to sleep when it got home and was quiet all night.

Grooming can be stressful for some dogs and they just crash and go to sleep when they get home. Also, there is the fact that most owners go to work and the dog sleeps all day, but if the dog is with you, they are usually up, awake, watching all thats going on so many dont get their "morning nap"

Its against the law for groomers to sedate dogs so unless that owner was going to a veterinarian for grooming and specifically ASKED (and probably signed a consent form) its doubtful the dog was sedated.

Comment

Job well done.

Don't want to put a downer on this but watch out for the next time you do this little guy, he may live up to what his owners warned you about. It has happened to me a couple of times. Was told the dog was terrible to watch out for it, and it was a little angel. The next time it behaved just like the owner had warned me about. Don't know why, nothing was different, except him.
            "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
            Diane

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
              Job well done.

Don't want to put a downer on this but watch out for the next time you do this little guy, he may live up to what his owners warned you about. It has happened to me a couple of times. Was told the dog was terrible to watch out for it, and it was a little angel. The next time it behaved just like the owner had warned me about. Don't know why, nothing was different, except him.
              I agree with you Pixie. The first time I groomed a supposed demon Miki, which I was warned how terrible he was, he turned out to be an angel. Next time OH MY GOD! I thought someone switched dogs on me. He may very well show his true colors next time. I hope for your sake his true colors are what you experienced today. Congrats on a job well done!!

Comment

Isn't that an awesome feeling? I am sure that you will continue to please your clients.

Comment

Originally posted by Jadenlea View Post
                  Good job Keachy. Its always nice when an owner warns you and the dog turns out to be great. BONUS.

Btw, for some reason, its not uncommon for owners to think their dogs have been sedated. I have no idea why but there are still many people who think that groomers are allowed to do this and just do it if its needed. Ive had owners ask if their dog was sedated for grooming and if I press them to see why they would think that, they say its because the dog went to sleep when it got home and was quiet all night.

Grooming can be stressful for some dogs and they just crash and go to sleep when they get home. Also, there is the fact that most owners go to work and the dog sleeps all day, but if the dog is with you, they are usually up, awake, watching all thats going on so many dont get their "morning nap"

Its against the law for groomers to sedate dogs so unless that owner was going to a veterinarian for grooming and specifically ASKED (and probably signed a consent form) its doubtful the dog was sedated.

So true. I have had some clients call about their older dogs limping. I tell them that the dog is old, and most already have arthritis, etc. Then you add in the fact that they have to be on their feet a little more than normal, and it's kinda like doggie aerobics, lol. We have to move the foot this way, and then the leg that way, and then...
                  Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Working...
                  X