my first dye job...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first dye job...

As the title says, this is my first attempt at dying! I've done chalk colouring before, so it's not my first colour, but I've never used dye before so this was fun!!! I had been putting of dye for a while cos there was always something else I was growing my girl out for, but now there's nothing for well over a year until our next grooming competition or anything, so I went for it!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1737..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	1134305 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1755..jpg
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	1134307

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1745..jpg
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	1134304 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1740..jpg
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1134306

I'm LOVING it!!! Paris is loving it too cos I've been grinning and bouncy ever since doing it so she's feeding of my happiness and being all bouncy too! hehe. It's coming into winter here, so something to make me grin like this is great! Can't wait to go out and about with her now!!!

Love it! That color is fabulous.

Comment

Great color. What kind of dye did you use?

Comment

Really really nicely done. How did you do the fade out on the legs?

Is that manic panic you used?

Comment

Absolutely fabulous! I just love the color! Your girl looks so happy! I love color. It makes everything brighter, including our moods. My own dog is usually sporting some bit of color, and the attention he gets makes him puff with pride. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Comment

LOVE IT!!!!! I love the way her legs turned out! Such a pretty girl.
            "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
            Diane

Comment

Way cool. I have never dyed a dog but would love to try. Maybe someday. Your girl is precious!

Comment

Turned out very nice. I haven't been able to dye yet, I would like to try someday.

Comment

Adorable! I just love that Paris girl! Sorry about the whole Winter thing.....
                  Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

I used fudge paintbox colour, and I used the colour 'blueberry hill'. I did wet her legs down in the thoughts it might help it blend up a bit, but in hindsight it made no difference really and I won't bother next time unles she's actually getting a bath at the same time (I bathed her two days earlier this time) I just blended with combing really. I applied the dye right down at the cuff with my fingers and smooshed it all around, then got to work combing to get it spread evenly throughout the cuff area, and I just kept combing up furthur, carrying a bit of the colour with it and combing less as I went up, until I was up near the top where I was really only wisping the comb lightly over the surface of the coat to spread a hint of the colour forming a nice blend... Where it starts being paler it's also not going right to the skin either, so the white is showing through a touch as well helping that blending effect I think. It was an experiment anyway, and it worked great!

I was going to blend the ears the same, but the dye went a lot furthur than I thought so her ears are pretty much all purple now with only a little fading at the top... lol.

Of course I can see bits I could have done a lot better, but for my first attempt I'm really pleased! It was exactly the effect I was going for! I'm looking at her asleep beside me now and she's all curled up so her purple legs and ears are blending together into a wonderful flash of colour against her white fluff! LOVE this!

Comment

I thought it was very cool....The color is fabulous exspecially with the fade on the legs! Would match my business colors..lol

Comment

That is amazing!! Well done =)

Comment

Looks good!

that is one chesty poodle...

Comment

Great job!!!! You should be very proud!
                            LOVE the purple!!!!(my favorite color!)

Comment

Originally posted by windfall4 View Post
                              Looks good!

that is one chesty poodle...
                              LMAO windfall!!!! This girl has THE straightest flatest chest I've seen on any dog! It goes from her throat, straight down to her toes. *sigh*

She's NOT chesty... Check out this pic of her shaved down to see what I mean... http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...2/P1010566.jpg (yes I guarantee this is the same girl! lol)

Comment

Working...
                              X