For those that use an airmuzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those that use an airmuzzle

Do you ever find it sometimes makes a docile kitty turn crazy?

I tried one on my usually mellow kitty yesterday just to practice getting it on quickly and she turned into a mainiac. Right when I went to take it off she lost it and started flailing around got loose made it out my pet door and onto the deck where she proceeded to slam the muzzle into the deck bars trying to escape before I finally was able to grab ahold of her (not without getting battle wounds) and get it off.

EEK exactly how does this calm a feisty mean kitty?

I haven't tried the air muzzle yet, but I've seen a regular cat muzzle do this, too. I had a kitty go from a little ruffled to bat-sh*t crazy in 10 seconds.
    Bulldogs are adorable, with faces like toads that have been sat on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog Daze View Post
      out my pet door and onto the deck where she proceeded to slam the muzzle into the deck bars trying to escape
      I know it's OT but this gave me an idea...maybe I could put an air muzzle on my little terrier so she can't squeeze out of the yard through microscopic sized holes under the fence and go bunny hunting.

Comment

i guess the same way a regular muzzle calms some dogs down and makes others go totally apecrazy???
        Hound

Comment

Use a sock

Then put the Air Muzzle on. the sock closes off the whiskers, eyes, and ears, once that is done most of the time they are sedate. (add a little Oh My Cat to the sock). But I have had them get wild after a while, so the Hamster Ball (yeah, call me cheep!) that keeps my hands safe. Usually the sock does it, but on some I still use the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by azoci View Post
            Then put the Air Muzzle on. the sock closes off the whiskers, eyes, and ears, once that is done most of the time they are sedate. (add a little Oh My Cat to the sock). But I have had them get wild after a while, so the Hamster Ball (yeah, call me cheep!) that keeps my hands safe. Usually the sock does it, but on some I still use the ball.
            Cool I have the happie hoodies those should work the same, does the sock have a hole in the front for the nose? Thanks I had read that hint a while back and forgotten about it.

I'm cheap too I was using a ryans green 7.00 knock off.

Comment

just be careful when they start thrashing about with a ball on their head....them things HURT! i was doing a dog today who had a cone on...can we say OUCH?! i got clocked a couple of times inthe head....yowser!
              Hound

Comment

Alrighty I found a $69.00 air muzzle in ryans pet supplies so I splurged cause I value my eyeballs and my fingers and arms

Comment

Originally posted by Dog Daze View Post

Do you ever find it sometimes makes a docile kitty turn crazy?
                  YES!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X