No announcement yet.

Totally OT--but I got a spa day myself!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally OT--but I got a spa day myself!

I won a spa day package in a raffle last night,,and I am aghast! I haven't had a mani/or pedi, or ANYTHING from a salon for myself in like 5 years (since my staff at a previous salon got a gift cert. for me @ Christmas), and I cannot WAIT 'til my appt. !! I do my own hair, facials, etc....and I spend so much time researching what spas offer, researching their services and etc., and ways for us groomers to take better care of ourselves, and I don't follow my own advice...
    anyway--if you have any extra time or $$ I p.l.e.a.d with you,,go get some professional TLC and pampering!!! You are so worth it!
    Last edited by windywaycavaliers; 05-16-10, 04:15 PM.
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

I AM SO JEALOUS!!!! Enjoy it!
    There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

Congratulations!

Enjoy your day of being pampered!

Comment

Cool!!

Interestingly enough, the lady we bought our boarding and grooming kennel from, retired, went back to school and became a licensed massage therapist. She opened her own place right next door (well, about 3 acres away) and is doing well. Never been to a massage therapist or a "spa", in my 57 years, might be something I have to do one of these days. Sounds kind of relaxing.

Comment

Thanks for the advice

We do tend to take care of everyone else and never ourselves.

ENJOY YOUR DAY.

Comment

Originally posted by Petekids View Post
            Never been to a massage therapist or a "spa", in my 57 years, might be something I have to do one of these days. Sounds kind of relaxing.
            Only kind of.
            There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

well i reguarly treat myself to pedicures every month..(hey im a youngin lol only 24 so i like cute toes!)..but as far as a massage or anything like that...never had one done! kinda scared to try it LOL! i have no idea what is what when it comes to a massage....any tips for a newbie? id really like to try a massage....and what about reiki? anyone done that either?
              Hound

Comment

I say active recovery massage is the best to get results. I have had massage quite a bit-(but not in some time and I sure can tell),,but never mani/pedi, facial stuff!! AC massage can be uncomfortable if you are a softy,,,but in this profession we surely need supportive care for our bodies, and even Sue Zecco swears by AR massage--and look at that gal!
                Reiki I have had from my Aunt many times,,it is different than physical massage, but definitely made me feel better.
                Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
                www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

great advice

Saturday was prom, so friday I took my daughter to get a pedi and ended up getting one myself. it was awesome. I cant remember the last time I took that time for myself. tomorrow I am getting a facial and an hour massage. ahhhhh. for a while I scheduled a massage for myself every month. but kids got more expensive so I had to cut that out. but I realized that if I dont take care of myself now, mind, body and soul, my kids will be taking care of me later. and that thought frightens me so.

Comment

oooo how exciting!!!! Enjoy!
                    Debi
                    http://www.uppypuppydogsalon.com
                    My life is lived in the company of dogs

Comment

alrighty! guess i will suck it up and try it out LOL!!!
                      im a softy all right...hubby gives me a back rub and if its a tender area...ahhh it feels soo good...but man am i hurting for a few days afterwords in those spots! lol! i tell hubby he should never get a massage professionally...no one would want to put up with his whiney butt!!! LOL!!!
                      Hound

Comment

Working...
                      X