Here I go again, itching!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here I go again, itching!

I just started back mobile after a two year leave of grooming. I have been grooming this past week. Now I remember one of the major problems I had. I am itching again. Some of you gave me some good suggestions and I wonder if you could search your memory banks from a couple of years ago and give me the suggestions again.

I have those little prickly hairs from shave downs stuck in my pajamas from the dryer and all night long I am itching and scratching. Any suggestions on soaps or lotions or laundry to get the hairs away from my skin. I clean out the lint trap and shake out the towels and I even put my blow dryer down the front of my pajama top to try and blow any hairs away. Any help on what you do to keep from itching and making a home for the stray little pin hairs?????

Originally posted by Dixie9 View Post
    I have those little prickly hairs from shave downs stuck in my pajamas from the dryer and all night long I am itching and scratching. Any suggestions on soaps or lotions or laundry to get the hairs away from my skin. I clean out the lint trap and shake out the towels and I even put my blow dryer down the front of my pajama top to try and blow any hairs away. Any help on what you do to keep from itching and making a home for the stray little pin hairs?????
    Sleep in the raw. Just be sure not to do any shavedowns in bed.

Yet another reason why I love, love, LOVE my clipper vac. No hair splinters!
    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

It almost

sounds like you groom in your P J's. Of course not, but with me it's the Taxi Vac. No little hairs. Also grooming clothes that do not attract hair, including a silky type bra help. Construction Duck tape laid and pulled on any places where hair had stuck.
      Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

As Arrooh said, stick with grooming clothes or anything made of swishy nylon. It repells hair. Also, when you wash any towels that you used to groom or the clothes you groomed in, keep them separate from the rest of your clothing. I even have a couple of 'grooming bras' which I take off when I get home and switch out with clean ones. I also use a lint roller with sticky sheets to clean those off. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie9 View Post
          Any help on what you do to keep from itching and making a home for the stray little pin hairs?????
          How about a laundry service? If that's not do-able, what about a second rinse cycle on the laundry? I read on a thread here that a light dusting of baby powder helps prevent hair splinters.
          "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Be sure you are not washing your grooming clothes or towels with your regular clothing or towels and run a wash cycle of clear water thru your washer after doing a load of grooming clothes. Choose grooming clothes that repel hair and yes the light dusting of baby powder does help especially in the crease of your arms and under your boobs (sorry Stephen, there was no delicate way to say that..) Scottie hair is the worst for me, it always seems to get prickly in the crease of where my arm bends and inbetween my fingers. I keep a box of baby powder in my van and will sprinkle a little on before doing Scotties and it helps to keep the pricklies out.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I am already doing all you suggested with separate laundry, powder, nylon grooming clothes and not grooming in my pajamas, ha. I found out what one of my big problems was. My neighbor use to work with fiberglass and they told him the first day of work not to take hot baths or showers because of opening the pours of the skin and the fiberglass gets in like tiny needles. Just like dog hair is like tiny needles. I am a hot bath fiend and that is one of the major problems. I sit in a hot bath and my pours open then all dog hair hanging around from the previous shave down comes poking at me. I also have a mattress pad cover that heats up so I'm doing a job on my pores.

I am using all your suggestions and the cooler showers. Hopefully that all works.

Comment

I only get itchy around the crook of my elbow and between my fingers - twice a day dusting with baby powder and voila! Very little problems at all! Course you look insane with white elbows but hey...

Comment

Working...
                X